Who we are:
The Domain Companies is a national real estate development and investment firm focused on making a positive and lasting social, economic, and physical impact on the communities in which we build. Domain is responsible for a diverse range of innovative projects including affordable, mixed-income and luxury apartments, condominiums, hospitality, retail, entertainment venues, and creative workspace.
Our success is a result of our community-focused approach, collective entrepreneurial spirit, and the unique skills and experience of our people. Our team stays at the forefront of our industry by striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. The result is a dynamic environment that encourages creativity and offers the opportunity for growth and advancement.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance to join our team in the New York corporate office. The Senior Analyst is a key member of the finance team who will provide assistance to the Executive team to create forward-looking financial information and financial analysis used to support portfolio and business-related decision making. This role will report to the CFO and drive improved controls and efficiencies in the accounting and financial planning processes, including tax strategy, corporate finance, and cash flow analysis.
We are highly entrepreneurial and look to you to be flexible yet quick on your feet (not literally). We have tight deadlines and rely on you to meet them. While we work hard, it’s important we take time to have fun and collaborate. Culture fuels us here at Domain, that’s why we host Company volunteer days, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, team building events such as Company Picnics, sporting events, and happy hours.
Support the effort to expand the organization’s financial capacity by assisting with enhancing the organization’s financial reporting and forecasting capabilities as Domain improves its position as a national industry leader in the real estate development and management industries. This will include providing assistance with preparing internal and external presentations for Domain’s Executive Team, prospective lenders & investors, and other third parties as Domain seeks financing on investment opportunities and increased corporate credit facilities.
- Assist in creating monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting packages.
- Create budgets and projections based on historic financial statements and perform variance analysis.
- Perform monthly cash flow analysis, including preparation and updating for sensitivities related to property level cash flow and development pipeline predevelopment expenditures.
- Assist in the development of corporate, property and portfolio level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics, and other analysis, including LIHTC LP buyouts, dispositions, and corporate & investor level tax projection preparation.
- Review project, fund, and corporate level income tax returns and audited financial statements.
- Assist in response to audit and due diligence requests from lenders, investors, governmental agencies and CPA firm.
- Prepare state and local sales/use tax returns and other governmental filings, including RPIE and TC 201.
- Prepare financial and legal document abstracts to be used for dispositions, acquisitions, and tax planning, including deals involving tax credit projects (LIHTC, HTC, BCP, master leases, and state & local tax incentive programs.
- Contribute towards building a team to support the organization’s finance and reporting needs over time as the organization continues to scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- 4-5 years of combined experience in finance, public accounting and real estate industry, including income tax return preparation and/or review.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel a MUST.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory.
- Knowledge of tax credit programs, bond finance, and real estate partnership taxation is a big plus.
- Leadership / Management experience.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager or other property management related software is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organization skills, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong research skills and motivation for self-development.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using a keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on company needs
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Travel may be required
- Competitive Compensation and Bonus Potential
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (k) matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Fun Extracurriculars and Perks
- Volunteer and Community Engagement Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job