Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Summary: The Senior Director, Global Property Management & Real Estate will be responsible for the strategic leadership, management, development and operations of Nuance’s global real estate portfolio across all operating locations. This executive will oversee the 24/7 activities of a global property management team who are responsible for providing a safe, secure, and environmentally sound operation and maintenance across the globe. The Senior Director will also manage construction work and may coordinate and/or oversee contracted services for major construction. Based in corporate headquarters (Burlington, MA), the Senior Director will report to the Vice President, Global Real Estate and Procurement and will lead a team of approximately 30 individuals.
• Responsible for driving and leading the tactical and strategic activities with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service, and the capacity to plan and scale a global organization.
• The leadership, vision and implementation of all system, facility and department initiatives, needs and goals with a focus on driving operational excellence.
• Direct strategic capital planning, design and construction; ensure full coordination with day to day operations.
• Develop, maintain and monitor complex operating and capital budgets, making needed adjustments to ensure budget requirements are achieved.
• Plans utilization of space and facilities consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency, available facilities and funds.
• Manage all global office leasing and construction work.
• Negotiate leases and subleases and provide guidance to external Real estate brokers
• Manage and direct all aspects associated with building and office maintenance, office furniture and equipment, facilities renovation and construction activities to include planning, cost estimating, budgeting, documentation and negotiating contracts as well as construction and maintenance monitoring and supervising work station moves.
• Ensure effective Environmental Health and Safety including appropriate emergency preparedness, business continuity planning, and disaster recovery capabilities. This includes insight into and planning for sustainability requirements relevant in each geography.
• Analyze and design all processes needed to manage the asset lifecycle including the effective use of facility information systems.
• Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data, operating reports, budget variance reports, and other appropriate financial information to monitor attainment of financial goals.
• Outsource professional services (architects, project management, etc.), as needed.
• Maintains a professional business relationship with vendors by establishing and managing the business requirements pertaining to account operations.
• Drive solutions that optimize the current facilities portfolio.
• Build, develop, coach and manage a strong and cohesive team. Deepen bench strength and implement a succession plan by developing existing talent and recruiting new talent, as needed.
Minimum 20 years progressive commercial real estate and global property management and operations experience for large, multi-site coporate property management across multiple global locations is a must
- A track record of senior management progression and proven ability to perform at the senior management level.
- Proven success in managing a $45M+ budget; a strong background in operational and capital finances, and budget development.
- Credible as both a business partner and a Real Estate/Property Management specialist.
- Experience and proven leadership in large scale project planning, reporting and budgeting.
- Experience with M&A and the resulting integration and utilization of sites/space.
- Demonstrable ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing relationships with Executive Leadership team and other key stakeholders across the business.
- Experience with global EHS and sustainability regulations.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to conduct strategic analyses
- Ability and experience in dealing with multiple cultures
- Bachelors Degree is required; MBA preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Property Management
More than 15 years