BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Employment Opportunity: Real Estate Specialist (1 Year Term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Our Real Estate Department - Commercial Transactions and Valuation team is seeking a highly motivated Real Estate Specialist to perform property management and negotiation functions including rental reviews, lease administration and negotiation, property valuations, inspections, overseeing and enforcing compliance with contractual terms. In this role, you will:
- Inspect and report on VFPA properties, tenant improvements, including new construction and alterations to ensure compliance with agreement terms.
- Prepare valuation reports and rental proposals. You will carry out market rental surveys, commissions and review independent appraisal reports.
- Review property agreements for completeness and accuracy, verifying input to property management systems.
- Field real estate inquiries and explore new revenue growth opportunities for VFPA. You will provide real estate input to Project and Environmental Review applications.
- Collect overdue rental accounts.
As the successful candidate, you have completed UBC’s Urban Land Economics Diploma, or equivalent, along with at least four years’ experience in a related real property management environment, with an emphasis on negotiation. You are a customer-oriented individual who enjoys working in a team environment. Your positive attitude, flexibility and strong work ethic will be valued in this role.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by April 15, 2019.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.