- Manage 4-6 multifamily investments with a degree of independence. Support to be provided for more strategic initiatives.
- Provide asset management support for senior Asset Manager on an additional 4-6 investments in multiple property types. (Total asset load is 8-12.)
- Understands capital and investment structure and the relationship between property operations and investment performance.
- Develop annual budgets and business plans to achieve investment strategies that are consistent with client objectives
- Make hold/sell recommendations.
- Update financial models including joint venture waterfall distributions.
- Prepare quarterly reports, cash flow projections, valuation analysis and other financial reports.
- Verifies accuracy of property operating statements, prepares budget variance analysis and shares accountability for budgeted results.
- Analyzes leases and rental rates and assists in leasing decisions; monitors overall leasing status and strategies for assigned assets.
- Work with managers and partners to design and execute marketing strategies.
- Analyzes value of capital projects and executes projects (with support).
- General market understanding for assigned assets - collects market information; in particular, competitive lease and sales transaction information – and meets with leasing and sales brokers periodically
- Assists with due diligence on acquisition of new investments.
- Support investment restructurings, sales and asset financings strategies.
- Support related projects including updates on industry and property sector and information gathering.
- Works effectively as a leader or a member of a team.
- Develops strong working relationships with Portfolio Managers and members of the Asset Management team.
- Generates innovative approaches to situations.
- Implements thorough follow-up and attention to detail.
- Provides constructive input on improving how the Firm and/or the group functions.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers and more junior level staff.
- Travel for property visits as needed.
- BS/BA and a strong academic record with emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting and/or economics required.
- 8-10 years of direct real estate asset management experience required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient at financial modeling. Experience with joint venture structures preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency with Argus AE valuation software preferred.
- Ability to select and efficiently manage the activities of internal resources and third-party service providers
- Good negotiation skills, presentation skills and a history of successful interaction with clients and partners
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.