The Project Coordinator position requires a hands-on, energetic and team-oriented person willing to juggle a variety of project tasks throughout any given day. This position is a great opportunity for anyone who is wanting to be exposed to all aspects of community master planning and development.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Helping prepare master plans, master plan amendments, development plans, zoning, plats and engineering plans.
- Reviewing for approval a variety of residential and commercial developer submittals.
- Coordinating with consultants and various internal departments to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and Planning Director to assist with design decisions related to community planning including amenity packages, styles of architecture, layout of parks and trails, etc.
- Perform other planning-related duties as directed by the Project Manager and Planning Director.
The ability to interact with a variety of consultants, home builders, sales agents and residents of our communities in a positive and professional manner is also an important aspect of this position.
The following is a general summary of duties and responsibilities assigned to the Project Coordinator position:
- Coordinate the entitlement process for projects including, but not limited to, single family and multi-family residential, office, industrial, commercial and institutional projects as directed by the Project Manager and/or Director of Planning.
- Maintain detailed working knowledge of the City of Colorado Springs, City of Fountain, El Paso County, City of Grand Junction and other such municipalities approval processes (Master Plan, Development Plan, Zoning and Platting processes). Maintain strong working relationship with government staff.
- Coordinate presentation graphics and any other necessary items needed to facilitate neighborhood meetings or planning commission/city council presentations.
- Coordinate with and assist builders and parcel developers to understand the Design Review Board approval process of house plans, plot plans, color applications, sign submittals, development plan reviews, etc.
- Generate and understand architectural and color adjacencies. Help ensure that all lot adjacencies are met and architectural guidelines are enforced, as well as reviewing plot plans and color applications.
- Perform development reviews of all La Plata-initiated applications as well as all projects initiated by outside developers within the master-planned/La Plata-owned properties.
- Maintain, enforce and update (if necessary) architectural and landscape guidelines for each respective community.
- Maintain and update land use, zoning, master plan and various other maps and graphics as directed by the Director of Planning. Distribute copies of maps and plans as requested.
- With the Marketing Director and Project Manager, coordinate with builder’s sales agents to understand community vision, sales requirements and expectations, and resident-driven applications (i.e. – landscape plan and fencing).
- Serve on a community HOA Board of Directors.
Bachelor degree in land planning, architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture or related field is required.
One to five years of experience in land planning, real estate development and/or entitlements. Basic knowledge and understanding of site planning, landscape design, residential architecture, site grading and government approval process is required. Familiarity with typical development processes, construction practices and contract administration a plus.
Project coordination skills to include the following:
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to complete projects on schedule
- Good verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Positive and professional customer service skills
Technical skills required include the following:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, landscape, grading, engineering and site plans
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets in Excel
- Ability to review and approve invoices if deemed necessary by the Planning Director
- Adobe Suite skills a plus
If interested in the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three references. Portfolio samples are a bonus but not required.
- Architecture / Design
- Community Development
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.