WHAT IS WHYHOTEL?
Have you ever wondered where the WeWorks, Airbnbs, and Ubers of the world came from? It's easy enough to just enjoy these companies that sprung up and not think about how they came to be. The reality is that they were built from the ground up by many dedicated people committed to taking a new idea and making it feel as though the world could not live without it. We at WhyHotel are carving out our own industry-changing company starting by making pop up hotels a thing. We are bringing flexibility to the most inflexible asset ever: high-rise real estate. Today, our hotels operate out of newly-constructed apartment buildings (explainer video here); however, this is just the start. We are using our current platform as the springboard to further blur the line between hospitality, home, and work. Our goal is to build the engine that makes real estate better, smarter, and more flexible for consumers, developers, investors, and cities alike.
With 4 hotels and growing (insider peek here), WhyHotel has secured around $15M in venture capital financing in less than two years and is poised to scale. With a staff of about 50 today, we are now seeking many more A-team players to join both our corporate team and create exceptional guest experiences in our pop-up hotels. If you're interested in joining a fun, fast-paced, high-growth start-up, read on.
You (and your team) are the engine that propels our growth in multiple markets across the country. Your mission is to own your regional territory and everything that happens in it. You will develop and leverage a network of industry relationships in your region, track an on-going development pipeline, and continually source leads for future prospective pop-up hotels within your designated markets. You will work closely with support staff to manage all aspects of your territory, and continuously meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. You will work with one of our Growth Lead Specialists who will help support you and your territory.
You will have developed and defined the sales function for an industry-changing hospitality company. You played a critical role in helping to develop the WhyHotel real estate sales team and our regional offices that form the backbone of WhyHotel's sales organization for the foreseeable future.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Over the first 4 weeks:
1. WhyHotel corporate on-boarding, team building, and training
2. Partner closely with your manager - VP of Real Estate Partnerships, Nathan Raymond - and support staff to formulate your individual territory strategy and plan of action
3. Take charge, moving you and your team toward deal goals as fast as you can!
By end of Q4, 2019:
1. Build out a Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) deal pipeline
2. Own full scope of your goals, opportunity life cycle, territory planning, and travel schedule
3. Develop and demonstrate to your manager (through emails, 1x1 discussions, and meeting performance) your systematic and effective marketing and sales approach
4. Manage your assigned business development representative (this person will be reporting to you - it's our Growth Lead Specialist role you see on our website) to help them achieve individual goals
By end of Q1 2020:
1. Continue Building a SQL pipeline of additional projects, including additional new deals under signed letter of intent
2. Assist closing active pipeline deals
1. Meet and exceed your quarterly goals!
2. If located in San Francisco (or elsewhere) travel to HQ at least once per quarter
3. Travel to and within your markets up to 50% of the time to demonstrating a strong presence
4. Report to management weekly
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL
1. You have extensive experience in client facing roles, delivering sales presentations, and have worked in or around the multi family real estate industry.
2. You have extensive contacts in the real estate sector and come with a rolodex that you can leverage for helping us close deals with real estate developers.
3. You are highly organized. You excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park.
4. You are a stellar communicator. You can navigate conversations in a competitive industry and get deals to close. You are effectively and efficiently able to communicate lots of nitty-gritty detail with your fellow team members and management in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving sales environment.
5. You have a sophisticated sales IQ. You must be able to manage a complex and potentially lengthy sales process. You know what levers to pull and when to pull them, in order to drive prospective partners towards a desired outcome.
6. You have at least 3+ years of experience in a quota bearing role (either inside or outside sales).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Answers to Your Questions: We have answered many of your candidate questions in our insider candidate playbook HERE. Please read this before you apply.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Washington D.C. or San Francisco, CA (for the right candidate, we are willing to consider additional locations)
Salary + Perks: Salary commensurate with experience - please be sure to tell us your salary expectations in our application. We match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to our 401(k) up to 4%, you'll get shares in the company, we provide medical and dental insurance and we'll reimburse you $75/monthly for your cell phone.
Manager: You will report to the awesome Nathan Raymond, VP Real Estate Development.
Team Beats Individual: We are in this together. We hold all team members responsible for bringing talent into our organization and guests to our hotels - after all, it's the only way we're going to grow.
At WhyHotel, we don't just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our work and our community. WhyHotel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Corporate Services
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.