Since its inception ten years ago, the business has pioneered very complex LIHTC and tax-exempt bond portfolio transactions, successfully completing the rehabilitation of over 12,000 units across the Midwestern and Southeastern U.S. We are now seeking a Financial Analyst to join our fast growing team, who will be responsible for underwriting and structuring of transactions, as well as ensuring their feasibility leading up to and after closing. This opportunity will be located in our Raleigh, NC office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within a team of analysts to perform initial due diligence and full analyses of multifamily properties, including but not limited to: historical and projected operating budgets, development costs, and equity valuations
- Structure single and portfolio transactions based on initial assumptions and validation of those assumptions
- Keep abreast of and understand current financing programs, rates and underwriting criteria
- Work with other departments and third parties to prepare financing applications, financial presentations, closings, construction draws and final cost certifications
- Other related tasks as assigned. The description of functions is not intended to be comprehensive or fixed, but is intended to describe the general responsibilities and nature of the position
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited university in Finance, Business Accounting, Economics, Real Estate or Urban Planning required
- 2 5 years of related work experience in financial analysis, or real estate development preferably in the affordable housing industry
- Working knowledge of affordable housing industry programs (LIHTC, TEB, HOME, HUD, USDA etc.) is a preferred
- Exceptional computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Microsoft Excel skills in financial and sensitivity analysis
- Spreadsheet management experience including the ability to link and transfer data
- Organizational and mathematical skills in a very fast paced, continuously changing environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, along with an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation abilities, including the ability to summarize conclusions and present transaction recommendations
- Ability to work with minimal oversight as well as in a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.