Are you interested in being part of a high performing, innovative team that is responsible for all real estate transactions that impact GSK’s worldwide real estate portfolio, across all asset classes and all Business Units? The Director, Real Estate Asset Management – Americas has responsibility for formulating, developing and managing the relevant regional component of GSK’s Global Real Estate Asset Management Strategy.
As Director, Real Estate Asset Management - Americas you will be accountable for the financial performance for approximately one third of GSK’s global portfolio of property assets. The breadth of your accountability includes:
- Working in partnership with outsourced real estate specialists to drive and closely monitor pertinent performance metrics that will lead to the optimization of the real estate portfolio and create competitive advantage for GSK by creating exciting working environments that support high employee productivity and improve their well-being
- Delivering strategic planning advice and support to senior executives and their management teams through a small team of 2/3 GSK professional real estate advisers plus highly skilled external consultants.
- Working at VP/SVP level to ensure that the provision of real estate advice meets business needs.
- Advance the principles of efficient utilisation of real estate and workspace worldwide by developing relationships and “constructive disruptions” with senior executives of Finance, Legal, Treasury, Tech, Procurement, and HR.
- Act as a Centre of Excellence to all business units providing awareness of and access to leading edge practices in workspace utilisation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Taking commercial accountability for the short, medium and long-term financial performance of all real estate asset classes that comprise the Regional portfolio in the Americas (currently over 14m Sqft, more than 80 properties, and with an annual operating cost of c£500m. The role will also include global responsibility for one or more specific property asset classes (R&D, Manufacturing & Distribution, Corporate Offices & Data Centres)
- Working with real estate experts and advisors across the Region to develop highly creative and innovative real estate solutions that fully leverages GSK’s property assets, driving higher returns, creating added value, lowering GSK’s cost base, and creating new workplaces that drive higher employee productivity.
- Contributing to the formulation of GSK’s Global Real Estate strategy
- Gaining Executive and Board approval for real estate strategies and property plans, policies and best professional practices to support the Group’s overall business plans.
- Taking responsibility for being the primary real estate strategic point of contact for one or more Client Groups (Pharma, Consumer, Vaccines or the support functions)
- Working with third party advisors and peers in Finance to prepare regular reviews of their relevant property portfolios relative to best practice in large property investment companies, taking particular account of efficient financial engineering practices and tax planning.
- Supporting the development of GSK’s culture through the ongoing development of a physical workspace environments such that it ensures that GSK maintains its position as a “Modern Employer”.
- Providing leadership in the development and delivery of significant projects to optimise business performance and to ensure the optimum utilisation of facilities ensuring cost efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Substantial and in-depth Real Estate expertise operating at Director level for at least 5 years
- A proven track record of managing Regional Real Estate assets across multiple geographies
- Expert capabilities and knowledge of real estate, property development and the built environment
- Ability to work with and to influence all levels of management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipating the impact of external environment changes on Real Estate approaches and to translate the impact into operational plans that proactively respond to and manage the changes to the benefit of the organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence external and internal parties
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal partners and external bodies
- Excellent judgment
- Excellent leadership capability to inspire and generate a sense of team spirit
- Highly organised and able to plan, prioritise and manage multiple activities effectively
- Ability to identify, evaluate, resolve and manage outcomes of project risks (through project specialists and/or stakeholders)
- Ability to lead and motivate change both within and outside GSK
- Demonstrable influencer of senior stakeholders without the benefit of authority or budgetary responsibilities
- Recognition of other cultures, points of view and stakeholders’ needs for explanation for this specialist subject
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability not only to identify challenges but to create solutions and options
- Work independently with minimum touch points
- Strong powers of delegation and empowerment including to an outsourced team
- Decisive leadership of multi-disciplinary, cross-border teams, drawn from external and internal resource.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity derived from delivering solutions to business units over whom the function has no authority or budgetary responsibilities, generally
- Skilled at simplifying complex and specialist information for reporting progress on projects to senior executives e
- A service-orientated, customer driven mind-set
- Proven ability to build strong relationships inside and outside GSK
- Preferred Languages – English and Spanish
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
- Project Management
- Property Management
This job is no longer active.