A fast-paced and rapidly-growing boutique real estate firm is seeking a well-rounded Development Associate to support our national development practice which is focused on government and corporate leased projects (often build-to-suits) and currently has over $200 million in its active pipeline. This position will support the delivery and sourcing of projects around the country. The ideal candidate will have prior or comparable experience with a commercial real estate development firm or general contractor. It is essential that the individual is extremely proactive, detail oriented, highly capable of managing multiple projects effectively, has exceptional technical, written and verbal communication skills and enjoys working in a collegial team environment.
• Provide managerial oversight to a development project or a series of projects
• Provide technical guidance for all aspects of project team activities (design, financing, construction, scheduling, and delivery)
• Directly manage project teams including architects, engineers, general contractors & subcontracted consultants
• Develop project scopes, budgets, schedules, and establish priorities
• Create and update development budgets and pro formas
• Maintain satisfactory relationships w/ partners, tenants, brokers, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, etc.
• Leadership in the overall direction, administration, and completion of a project
• Prepare presentations and proposals in response to requests for qualifications/proposals
• Review and analyze zoning information, contract documents, financial reports, and other items as part of due diligence process, deal negotiations, and closings
• Interest in an entrepreneurial and growing business environment
• 3 to 5 years of experience in construction management, development, and/or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, finance, real estate and/or related field
• Technical knowledge of principles of architecture, engineering, construction, development, and/or finance
• Strong financial/analytical skills
• Commitment to detail, efficiency and organization
• Independent worker and team player
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong efficiency in Microsoft Excel
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary + bonus commensurate with experience
- Health Care coverage availability
- Corporate 401K plan
- 3 weeks annual leave
FD Stonewater is a real estate advisory & brokerage, development and investment firm. FD Stonewater is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with west coast offices in Los Angeles and Newport, CA. The firm has a track record of more than $10 billion in investment and acquisitions and over 40 million square feet of lease transactions, to offer a fully-integrated, national real estate platform. Currently, the development team has over $200 million of projects underway. The company’s investment strategies include government leased build-to-suit developments, single-tenant corporate opportunistic, secondary-market stabilized assets and multi-tenant value-add. The third-party services platforms of the company provide brokerage, advisory and construction management services to clients nationally.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.