Fundamentally responsible for the overall property management duties for the Aeroterm Northeast Portfolio specifically including properties at JFK, Newark, and Syracuse Airports.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure properties are maintained in good operational condition
- Work with site management team to ensure systems are properly maintained and tenant’s needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Oversee property related service contracts – if applicable
- Responsible for assuring that capital projects are completed on time and within budget in cooperation with the construction group and/or third parties
- Maximize the value of the assigned properties by finding methods to reduce costs and increase efficiencies of building systems and services.
- Responsible for assessing, developing and implementing short term, intermediate and long-term strategies which enhance value.
- Responsible for ensuring that property specific compliance requirements are completed including requirements of ground lessors, third party lenders, and bondholders, as well as any other investor requirements
- Participate in special projects within the assigned portfolio that may include evaluation (due diligence) of properties for acquisitions dispositions among other recurring and non-recurring events.
Tenant & Customer Relations
- Act as primary point of contact for tenants and their airline customers from lease execution to lease expiration
- Serve as local Realterm representative for terminal managers within the assigned portfolio
- Provide new tenant orientation and ongoing enforcement of lease terms
- Establish appropriate communication within tenant organizations and within Realterm to address administrative, leasing, and financial matters
- Manage tenant interface platform assigned portfolio
- Participate in Kingsley Tenant Satisfaction Assessment process and subsequent action planning
- Prepare property business plan/budget and work with senior management to reforecast R&M and capital expenses as necessary
- Provide monthly reporting to senior management regarding building operations and financial activity
- Complete annual property expense estimate and reconciliation process for assigned properties
- Ensure utilities are billed back to the tenants as required
- Monitor and Manage AR/AP for the assigned properties
Leasing and Marketing
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting logistics market associated with the assigned portfolio in order to make critical decisions
- Keep involved with community affairs and business conditions that impact properties in the assigned portfolio
- Assist with property tours when requested
- Assist leasing and development with lease negotiations, property expense analysis, and operational implications
- Monitor and maintain vacant spaces for “show ready” condition
- Ensure tenant and emergency contact lists are current for assigned properties
- Implement emergency response plan at assigned properties
- Identify and address any FLS issues
- Ensure all environmental permits and inspections are up to date for assigned properties
- Competitively bid contracts for property services
- Ensure documents are properly maintained on the Shared Drive
- Ensure all tenant and vendor COI’s are up to date for assigned properties
- Complete property inspection reports
- Complete tenant move-in and move-out documentation
- Coordinate tenant-related services with site management team
- Serve in leadership and supervisory capacity
- May supervise PM/APM as office requires
- Facilitate effective communication skills and direction
- Provide direction and support to subordinates
- Establish positive relationships with subordinates and other departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seven (7) years of commercial/industrial property management experience required Four-year college degree required, Masters preferred
Industry association designation preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office Working knowledge of Yardi preferred
Excellent written and verbal communications skills Strong financial/accounting skills
Strong lease administration knowledge/experience inclusive of commercial leases Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and building systems
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to supervise, direct, and mentor subordinates Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple tasks
The position will work in a general office setting and may require travel up to 30% of the time based on organizational/business needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Experience may be substituted for a degree; CPM preferred
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.