Milestone Partners is seeking an acquisitions intern to join its growing Co-GP investment platform. The ideal candidate should possess a strong real estate background and should be ready to contribute immediately through modeling, underwriting, and diligence. The purpose of the Milestone internship program is to give young, talented, real estate professionals a chance to improve their ability to underwrite and model real estate while also enhancing their resume with private equity experience. Particular emphasis will be placed on opportunities for interns to participate in structuring and negotiating investments during the second half of the internship. This is an ideal position for someone looking to transition to a career in real estate private equity acquisitions or to gain extensive and rigorous underwriting experience across all asset classes. Modeled after the extraordinarily successful internship program of our partners at The Bascom Group, we are invested in ensuring that our interns acquire outstanding real estate skills and achieve top tier placements after their time with the firm. While the internship program is housed in our Orange County office, special accommodations to office out of our Century City headquarters may be possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and constantly engage each task with an intellectually curious attitude, ample personal accountability, and the desire to improve as a real estate professional;
- This position will benefit from extensive mentorship, but it nevertheless requires the ability to perform tasks independently with limited oversight;
- Conduct preliminary evaluations of new investment opportunities;
- Underwrite, model, rigorously diligence, and support the execution of investment opportunities;
- Prepare term sheets and offer initial structuring feedback and commentary;
- Evaluate and provide feedback on PSA's, Loan Docs, and other 3rd party legal agreements as able;
- Prepare investment memorandums as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a Tier 1 institution; top tier MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of prior professional real estate experience;
- Outstanding Argus and Excel modeling skills with the ability to construct complex waterfall models;
- Excellent Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills with the ability to create comprehensive offering memorandums with limited supervision and guidance;
- Thorough understanding of normative real estate practices and concepts;
- Familiarity with all major real estate asset classes;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to simply and effectively communicate pertinent information;
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
About Milestone Partners
Launched in June 2017 in partnership with The Bascom Group, Milestone Partners provides Co-GP capital to sponsors to help fund their general partner interest in opportunistic joint venture real estate transactions. Milestone invests in all asset classes throughout the US. Milestone Partners has offices in Los Angeles and Orange County.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job