Our client’s Commercial Real Estate Group provides financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring commercial real estate assets across the Americas and Europe. Property types include hotel and lodging, industrial, manufactured housing, multifamily office and retail.
Since 2010 they have consistently been ranked among the Top 5 for Global and US CMBS bookrunner league tables. They have also ranked among the Top in the Global Lead and Co-Managers and Bookrunner of real estate CDOs and re-securitizations categories for several years.
The group originates fixed and floating rate loans on hotel & lodging, multifamily, office, retail, warehouse/industrial and non-traditional property types across the United States.
The Associate, CRE Underwriting, will be responsible for balance sheet and CMBS real estate loan underwriting and due diligence across all property types. This role will be responsible for the simultaneous review of multiple transactions under tight timelines and will have “player-coach” supervisory responsibilities.
- Follow the Bank's prescribed CRE Key Operating Procedure guidelines, receive and review loan applications and associated documentation to insure thoroughness and accuracy.
- Work closely with the Bank's Origination team to provide feedback and rework loan to new terms or identify additional conditions as needed.
- Research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including: market inventory / competitive set data, absorption rates, new/proposed development pipeline information, and any applicable rent, vacancy, and concession trends
- Maintain and verify financial models, loan-to-value ratios, completeness of application information and credit reports.
- Analyze property information, operating reports, financial models, and associated documentation, analyze appraisals, qualify and classify loans according to guidelines.
- Maintain acceptable turnaround times for applications submitted for approval and on funding packages.
- Interact with the Bank's Underwriting, Origination, Credit Risk Management, and other teams for risk evaluation, problem resolution, and compliance concerns, as needed.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on commercial real estate underwriting and financial analysis experience, preferably with a commercial mortgage back securities (CMBS) lender. Strong knowledge of rating agency criteria, credit policy, and credit administration procedures.
- Expertise in commercial real estate lending and credit and risk management
- Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, hotel, multifamily) and their different investment characteristics and an ability to see the "big picture" in commercial real estate and capital markets finance transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly across all lines of business while handling multiple priorities are mandatory. Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task and maintain high production and quality standards is required. Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work in teams and individually.
- Proficient in Argus
- Excellent Excel and cash flow modeling skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred fields of study include Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Business
Situs is the premier global provider of strategic business and technology solutions for the real estate finance industry, trusted to evaluate, optimize and manage critical assets and securities: from commercial and residential real estate, to small- and medium-enterprise and consumer lending.
Since 1985, Situs has set the standard in financial services for service, quality and execution.
Situs has offices across the US and Europe and has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.