We seek an innovative Data Analyst who values relationships, has great ownership and lives with gusto!
The Data Analyst is known internally as a Financial Analyst and is responsible for providing support, analysis, and reporting of operational and financial information relating to Aimco’s capital investment projects. As part of these responsibilities, the position will ensure the integrity of the data, resolve data and process problems, and provide specialized and ad-hoc reporting. Additional responsibilities include being a point of contact within the corporate office to our team members around the country.
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Develop and improve existing analytics and reporting around Aimco’s capital investment projects
- Solving complex problems through detailed analytics and reporting
- Utilize technical skills including SQL, VBA, and MS Access to streamline processes and reporting
- Assists management in identifying opportunities to streamline and improve processes
- Performs frequent reporting and analysis of actual and forecasted results compared to project plan
- Supports the finance team in performing monthly and annual finance processes, including accounting month-end, monthly forecasting, and annual budgeting
- Ability to thrive in a complex, multi-project environment
- Maintain a highly collaborative approach to problem-solving
Education: The successful candidate should have a strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related technical field. A graduate degree is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant analytical experience is required.
- Advanced Excel skills – VBA experience is a plus
- Strong Data analysis skills, utilizing SQL, MS Master Data Services, and MS Access
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, or similar)
- Knowledge of core finance processes (accounting, budgeting, forecasting)
- Strong financial systems experience (Hyperion, Oracle, SAP, or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Combines detail-oriented focus and a big-picture perspective
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.