The Associate, Commercial Banking (Hotel Finance) is responsible for structuring and underwriting new client credit and capital markets opportunities and performing financial modeling and analysis for highly complex deals.
The Associate, Commercial Banking will conduct continuous monitoring of multiple client portfolios and their performance in a proactive and independent manner. As part of an ongoing team approach to best serve and manage client portfolios, the Associate will be accountable for identifying and recommending related ancillary investment and corporate banking products to clients.
Associates gain increasing scope of ownership of relationships and are expected to initiate revenue generation activities by their third year in this capacity. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
A. Client Relationship Management
- Prepare capital structure and complete underwriting of new credit and capital markets opportunities.
- Supports relationship team in identifying new areas of investment/ banking opportunities to diversify client portfolios and increase potential revenue generation.
- Create pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in their presentation to clients.
- Monitor client, client industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s portfolio and business needs.
- Prepare concise credit analysis and other correspondence for use in managing client financial standing and goals.
- Directly manage a diverse portfolio of private and middle market companies.
- Perform activities in line with Associate role and business initiatives that will increase knowledge and experience and work toward gaining increased scope of ownership of relationships.
B. Capital and Credit Risk Analysis
- Exercise individually-held Commercial unilateral and approval discretionary limit(s) ensuring credit decisions and/or recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and related procedures completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and approving credit applications for authorization under Commercial Lending Process
- Protect the Bank’s assets and maintain quality of portfolio by adhering to lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines.
- Conduct analysis of client capital and credit risk.
- Review and continually monitor performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conduct due diligence that includes on-site client visits, analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations.
C. Financial Modeling and Analysis
- Create financial models for use in analyzing client portfolios and to best anticipate client needs.
- Utilize financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
- Generate updated financial models/ analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
D. Partnership Efforts
- Initiate contact with partnered Investment Banking Group areas for new client sales.
- Participate in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
- Partner with Relationship Management staff for accurate, detailed client information.
- Coach and mentor individuals in the Analyst role.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or accounting.
- MBA degree nice but not required
- 3+ years of corporate banking experience as an Analyst in a corporate lending environment.
- Hotel/Hospitality finance experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations.
- This position requires Credit Qualification. The incumbent must possess a working level of Credit knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the Credit Qualification Process Policies & Procedures.
- Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
- Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial modeling and credit analysis skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to review, assess, and provide detailed information daily.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients.
*** This position can be located in Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Boston, MA or Dallas, TX***
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skill-set.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.