- Originates transactions appropriate for existing AEW investment capital within a specific region.
- Structures, negotiates, and closes transactions involving various property types or structures within a specific geographic region.
- Solicits input and guidance from Directors on key deal issues.
- In conjunction with the Director or Portfolio Manager, sets investment strategies in the context of individual market dynamics.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with local brokers, deal origination networks and local joint venture partners.
- Responsible for overseeing cradle to grave investment management including sale of investments.
- Leads asset management of multiple real estate asset classes including communication with partners, leasing agents, property managers and contractors.
- Assists with investment capital structure including leading the financing and refinancing of real estate investments.
- Assists in the oversight of more junior investment professionals.
- Eight to ten years of direct real estate/corporate finance experience.
- Knowledge of investment products and real estate markets.
- Strong local market knowledge and awareness of potential market shifts.
- Ability to help make effective decisions in response to changes in the market.
- Skilled in real estate underwriting, financial analysis and negotiation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Provides constructive input on improving how the firm or the group functions.
- Generates innovative approaches to situations and problems.
- Implements conscientious follow-through and strong attention to detail.
- Strong integrity and fiduciary mindset present at all times.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job