When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
The Director of Public Relations for the Americas (Investment Management) will lead external public relations efforts for the firm’s investment management business in the US to support capital raising efforts, working closely with financial services media. This role will seek to increase global awareness of Hines as an investment manager amongst institutional investors, financial advisors and their clients, and the larger financial services community, principally with US audiences.
The role will highlight our private fund vehicles and their managers in the US, our global REIT (currently only available for US investors), private wealth platforms and our venture fund. This role will also amplify the eminence of our Global CIO based in the US and other related executives. The role will focus on PR in the Americas and will collaborate with counterparts in Europe and Asia to further our global brand, funds and reputation with our key audiences in those markets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a broad range of PR and communications support to the investment management business, including the firm’s funds, CIOs and capital raising efforts in the region.
- With the Global Head of Investor Marketing, lead the development of a multi-channel communications strategy for the Americas, and that links with Europe and Asia, that is aligned with business goals and audiences, to include:
- Planning documents which target multiple stakeholder groups
- Editorial and sponsored opportunities
- Executive eminence
- Digital and social channels
- Speaker events and awards
- Act as an internal journalist to story mine, utilizing Hines updates and general financial services market developments, and then pitch stories relevant to the financial services industry.
- Establish and maintain media relationships.
- Write press releases, statements, Q&A documents and talking points, ensuring messaging consistency in all materials.
- Collaborate with the retained PR agency in the Americas and other agency partners globally.
- Collaborate with the broader MarCom team globally on integrated campaigns and brand-led efforts, across multiple channels.
- Support on issues management providing advice and written materials.
- Track and report on coverage results, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; further studies in communications or financial services preferred.
- Eight or more years of public relations experience in the financial services industry, preferably real estate investment management.
- Established relationships with reporters at tier-one financial news outlets - primarily Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, CNBC and the Financial Times and financial trades in the PEI Media Group and other pensions trades.
- Capable of using platforms like Microsoft Office, Meltwater, Monday.com, and others.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Compensation: $185,600 - $265,200.
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, visit and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
7+ to 10 years