Newport Real Estate Partners (“NREP”) is the real estate private equity arm of Newport Private Group. NREP focuses on value-add and opportunistic real estate strategies through equity and debt investments where complexity, underwriting expertise and hands on asset management provide the opportunity to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for investors.
Newport Real Estate Partners was founded by seasoned real estate operators and investment professionals with extensive experience in real estate development and operations, project and investment management, as well as real estate private equity. NREP’s team structure reflects our belief that successful real estate investing across cycles requires a local market presence, granular asset level knowledge and expertise in operating as well as underwriting.
This position offers the candidate the opportunity to work directly with the Partners of the firm. Reporting directly to, and working closely with, the Partners, you will be exposed to our diverse network of businesses and operations and will have the opportunity to grow and diversify along with our businesses. The successful candidate will be able to manage the financial operations and compliance of the funds, working directly with the accounting staff, and third-party auditors, tax preparers, and administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the accounting team and administrator in the preparation of the funds’ periodic financial reporting and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports.
- Review and oversee all capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations, and waterfall allocations.
- Manage and work with tax preparer on all aspects of tax preparations, filings, fees and expenses for the funds.
- Review processes and look to improve efficiency where possible.
- Manage regulatory compliance program.
- Manage payroll and general HR matters.
- Obtain and maintain necessary insurance at the project level and at the fund level.
- Manage the bookkeeping and financial closing process.
- Manage the treasury activities of the firm.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 7+ years of total work experience in commercial real estate fund accounting and at least 3-5 years in management.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Investment Company, IFRS, and SEC rules applicable to real estate investment funds.
- Ability to be flexible and highly responsive to investor needs and requests.
- Strong academic credentials from a top tier school with an understanding of the fundamentals of real estate finance and accounting. CPA, MBA, MRED or CFA preferred.
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, quality, and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, executive summaries, and dashboard reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job