The Firm – McCarthy Cook & Co.
McCarthy Cook & Co. is a privately held commercial real estate investor and manager with offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco. We are a passionate and collaborative team of disciplined real estate investors. We invest in, vision and manage great work environments focused on experiential office and life-science campuses and mixed-use assets.
With a 27-year track record and over $6 billion of investment transactions, we bring a special blend of entrepreneurial zeal and institutional capabilities to our investment underwriting and our strategic asset management disciplines including entitlements, development and construction management, leasing, property management, accounting, and reporting. We build exceptional relationships with our customers and institutional partners and every day is a new opportunity. As a collaborative team, McCarthy Cook offers opportunity for personal and professional growth for enterprising, self-starting teammates. We own and manage over 3 million square feet of Class A office, life-science and mixed-use assets in the western U.S. and partner with premier institutional investors such as Oxford Properties, Prudential, Northwestern Mutual, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Northwood Investors, Alliance Bernstein, Blackstone, and Rialto Capital.
This is an in-office opportunity to join the McCarthy Cook team as a Financial Analyst working in our creative and collaborative Orange County headquarters. As a member of an entrepreneurial team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with MCC’s senior principals and team on acquisition underwriting, due diligence, and asset management assignments with the opportunity to participate in Investment Committee meetings and strategy discussions. Your primary areas of focus will be the following:
- Building investment underwriting models for new acquisition opportunities in concert with senior principals and acquisition team members.
- Completing asset management assignments including lease analyses, hold/sell studies, potential tenant due diligence, asset valuations and financial modeling.
- Managing a variety of office market and econometric studies.
- Working closely with the head of Asset Management and CFO on asset, accounting, and financial reporting assignments.
- Assisting in due diligence efforts during acquisition, disposition, and financing processes.
We are looking for a true team player to be part of our fun, family-oriented culture, and work environment. If you have excellent written and oral communication skills, are a critical thinker with great analytical skills and the curiosity to learn and grow, can multi-task, manage deadlines, and think and work proactively, then we should talk! If you think creatively and collaboratively as a team player, take ownership of assignments, and pitch-in whenever and wherever needed to support the cause, then you are a fit for McCarthy Cook’s team culture. Ideal candidates will have work experience with real estate financial modelling, including a strong competency in Argus and Excel.
Skills and Experience
- College Degree. We look forward to hearing what you did and where.
- Previous financial analyst experience and training is ideal but not required. Summer internship experience will absolutely be considered.
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise and Excel-based financial modelling is a big plus
- Great computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint with a strong emphasis on Excel).
- A can-do personality that is ready to pitch in and work after hours from time to time to meet important team deadlines and close deals.
McCarthy Cook & Co. offers competitive compensation including salary, bonus and medical insurance package and the benefit of working with a great team! McCarthy Cook & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an inspired place to work!
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job