Analyst, Acquisition and Portfolio Management
San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $33 billion of assets under management within a variety of investment structures on behalf of U.S. and foreign institutional investors.
The Stockbridge Platform Business (“SPB”) applies its significant expertise in platform building, development/redevelopment, transaction structuring and company formation to design large-scale platform investments across the risk spectrum.
Opportunity and Position Summary
Stockbridge is seeking an Analyst to join an exciting team focused on scaling and managing a portfolio of single-family build-to-rent (“BTR”) communities throughout the United States. The platform currently has over $1 billion of communities owned and under contract with an additional $3 billion of gross purchasing power, with the potential to further scale over time.
The Analyst will evaluate new investment opportunities and capital structures and will work with Stockbridge’s senior leadership and operating partner to strategically scale the platform and execute the business plan. The Analyst will report directly to the Portfolio Manager and will work closely with dedicated members of the platform. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel for new or existing assets and developments, including sensitivity analyses, various leverage structures and joint venture structuring
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles
- Analyze market research to evaluate portfolio composition and long-term strategic vision for investment vehicles
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed
- Consider ESG matters in connection with transaction analysis and portfolio oversight
Skills and Competencies
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials
- 1 – 3 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Can travel as needed.
Competitive. The base pay scale for this position is $85,000 to $120,000 annually, Stockbridge’s base pay scale depends on geographic location, business line, years of experience, and other qualifications of the successful candidate. The base pay scale is accurate as of the date of this posting. Stockbridge reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.