Company Description: DJM is a private equity real estate owner, operator and developer based in California. DJM creates long-term value by transforming real estate to meet 21st century demands. With a focus on placemaking, DJM leverages design, development, and management to create places where people thrive. DJM is represented by a current portfolio of approximately four and a half million square feet with an estimated portfolio value of $2 billion.
When joining DJM, you join a company that fosters teamwork and collaboration, instills integrity and accountability, values optimism, and possibility, and encourages individual stewardship. We pride ourselves on creating projects where not only our teams thrive, but where our investors, merchants, communities, and our guests all thrive.
Work Location: Ovation Hollywood: a reimagined public venue located in the heart of Hollywood California, Ovation Hollywood is one of Los Angeles’s most recognized retail and entertainment destinations. Comprising approximately 463,000 square feet of retail space, Ovation Hollywood boasts world-class retail, red carpet movie premieres, and live theater, and is home to the Academy Awards ceremonies. The property has recently undergone comprehensive renovation and repositioning to offer creative office, retail, and event space.
Summary: Project Manager of Tenant Coordination provides a leadership role to the performance of Tenant Coordination functions including design review, participation in “making the deals”, and project construction management. In cooperation with the Director of Tenant Coordination, the Project Manager of Tenant Coordination will assume responsibility for assigned special projects, providing oversight of contract administration and associated consultants, assisting in assessment and allocation of tenant coordination resources, and responsible for tenant coordination of assigned properties. Project Manager of Tenant Coordination will also be responsible for the tracking of all tenant activity from Letter of Intent through lease negotiation, design review through tenant construction, closeout, and approval of tenant allowances. The Project Manager of Tenant Coordination must have excellent communication and teamwork skills and will be expected to set an example for exemplary performance. The Project Manager of Tenant Coordination must be capable of being an independent performer who communicates and collaborates with Leasing, Asset Management, Legal, and Property Management, as necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide leasing support in the timely processing and resolution of tenant space configurations, design packages, recommendations, and approval of tenant work as well as the determination and pricing of Landlord Work. To include the review, creation or modification of Landlord and tenant work letters.
- Manage architectural consultants with the creation, maintenance and updating of leasing plans and the verification of Lease Outline Documents (L.O.D.’s)
- Provide assistance to Leasing with regard to determining scope of Tenant’s Work that will achieve the Landlord acceptable design standard. Communicate and collaborate with tenants and their consultants in a timely and effective manner as necessary.
- Assist Leasing through the development and coordination of design concepts that promote the lease-ability and viability of unique tenant programs and spaces.
- Coordinate the communication and the submission design and construction documents as required to support attaining Required Opening Dates and/or compliance with the Project Construction Completion Timeline.
- Assist Director in the oversight and administration of Tenant Coordination activities.
- Maintain consistent and thorough communication with tenants, property management and leasing to ensure that all parties are properly informed.
- Assume responsibility and oversight of special projects and manage all Tenant Coordination activities as directed and during absences by the Director.
- Maintain database for assigned tasks and projects daily.
- Perform Design and Construction document reviews within the required timeframes. Assist in maintaining overall compliance by the department.
- Ensure that Property Management has received all corporate communication pertaining to the construction of each tenant space and is prepared to conduct a pre-construction meeting.
- Direct and manage performance of Architects, consultants and Contractors for any lease required Landlord Work . Manage the coordination of outside vendors as needed to facilitate the timely completion of this work.
- Collaborate with the Operations Managers regarding the performance of Tenant Work providing direction and assistance as necessary. Ensure that properties maintain and issue Construction Status reports on a weekly basis as necessary.
- Visit each assigned property on regular basis to properly coordinate Landlord and Tenant construction activity and maintain familiarity with assigned properties and projects.
- Create and manage project budgets and schedules for projects ranging from small tenant improvements, larger Landlord work as well as Capital Expenditures projects
- Manage and direct teams of Architects, Engineers, Consultants and General Contractors regarding building design issues and construction process for assigned projects.
- Manage and direct the consultant teams during preparation of all disciplines of construction drawings and achieving permitting of the same with the relevant jurisdictions having approval.
- Create RFP’s for consultants, contractors and vendors with complete scopes of work.
- Review and negotiate consultant, vendor, and construction contracts to ensure the company is adequately protected and insured.
- Work with and manage General contractor during construction, assist A&E team in responding to RFI’s, reviewing submittals, understand and negotiate change orders.
- Assist property management team in capital projects through various phases of project development including design, bidding, permitting, and construction.
- Report to Executives and stakeholders both verbally and in a written form
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management or similar.
- 5-10 years of experience in retail tenant coordination, retail design and construction management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Proven proficiency in reading and understanding construction documents, interpreting construction means and methods, and insuring compliance with building construction and project design criteria.
- Proven proficiency in reading and understanding commercial lease agreements, Work Letters and other industry-standard documents. Architectural registration preferred.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Clear and concise written, verbal and graphic presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare construction budgets and construction schedules.
- Ability to manage and supervise third-party consultants, architects, and contractors.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Position also requires to move inside and outside of the office, and on the property
- This is an exempt position.
- This is a full-time position.
This job is no longer active.