Perfect time to join our growing Team!
In this role, you'll support Relationship Managers, by underwriting and analyzing commercial real estate loans.
- Support the New York Commercial Real Estate Lending team with underwriting and analyzing new deals and modifications.
- Work with multitude of asset classes including multifamily, retail, office, industrial/warehouse, self-storage and hotel.
- Work with different loan types including land, construction, bridge and stabilized properties.
- Majority of the work will be focused on construction and bridge lending.
- Important to understand how to underwrite complex loans that have complicated cash flow analysis/excel modeling.
- Extensive use of Excel: Use Excel to derive property values, analyze cash flows, sensitivity analysis and calculate DSCR, Debt Yield and LTV.
- Complete underwriting on personal guarantees, which includes analysis of personal financial statements including, Schedules of Real Estate, tax returns, K1s, liquidity verification.
- Prepare Preliminary investment committee memorandum and final approval memorandums.
- Ensure timely receipt and analyses of all required financial and collateral information.
- Complete credit reviews and facility renewals on a timely basis for assigned borrowers.
- Prepare/Review loan pricing model with accurate inputs relating to the subject facility.
- Attend client meetings / property site inspections with the Relationship Managers, to help better understand the underwriting of a deal.
- Comply with all of the bank’s and department’s policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects as such assigned.
- Underwriter needs to have strong credit and organizational skills as well as solid understanding of commercial real estate facilities (land, construction, bridge and stabilized properties and lines of credit, note on note financing) with loan sizes varying from $5MM to $100MM.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Excel including the ability to perform cash flow analyses and create financial models. Working knowledge of Argus a plus.
- Desire to work at a high level, learn, take ownership of assigned tasks, and work and completed assignments on time as necessary.
- Highly motivated, quick learner
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player – positive can-do attitude
- Minimum experience of 5+ years in commercial real estate lending or another relevant area required
- Willingness to take on special projects as they arise.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and while meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
The expected annual salary for this position is between $110,000 and $175,000 at the start of employment. A salary offer is determined on an individualized basis, taking into consideration factors such as an individual’s skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards package also includes eligibility for an annual bonus, medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, employee wellness program, retirement and savings plans with employer contributions, generous holiday and paid time off schedules, parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remotely. We have implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview applicants by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of our employees because we’re all in this together.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job