Essex, a multi-family REIT, is seeking a Budget and Forecast Manager in our corporate office in Woodland Hills, CA (also open to hiring in San Mateo, CA.) Work with a fast-paced, collaborative Corporate Budget & Reporting team to produce high-quality analyses and reports for Internal customers as well as participate in budgeting/forecasting and other initiatives.
- Develop/build, review, and deliver timely corporate expense analyses and reports for Internal customers, on both a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Run consolidated and by cost center reporting and review actual vs budget results throughout the year and provide quarterly variance analysis.
- Manage Corporate Departments through the quarterly reforecast process by meeting and discussing their anticipated spend for the remainder of the year and produce accurate expense projections.
- Manage Corporate Departments through their annual budgeting process.
- Maintain monthly/quarterly reporting and annual budget process documentation that includes step-by-step directions.
- Manage System Administration of: 1) Yardi’s General Ledger, Account Trees and Chart of Accounts Tool as well as Annual Budget & Forecast Module, 2) Trintech, a monthly close system for accounting, and 3) Reporting Tool Spreadsheet Server.
- Master the following Reporting Tools: 1) Microsoft’s Power BI, 2) insightsoftware’s Spreadsheet Server, and 3) SmartSheet, and 4) Bring advanced Excel Skills.
- Ad Hoc reporting and other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, statistics, or equivalent.
- Aptitude to learn new software quickly and efficiently, essential.
- Enthusiastic team-player who is flexible to navigate a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly analytical mindset. Proficient in data analysis and forecasting.
- Organized and has good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to dive into the details of general ledger transactions to audit processes.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on advanced Excel skills (i.e., If, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Hlookups, Index/Match, Concatenate, etc.)Ability to analyzing large amounts of data in Excel, essential.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with real estate accounting software, Yardi, a plus.
- Experience managing budgets, a plus.
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career.
Apply for this job