LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 400 Class A and B properties comprising more than 150,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Manager - FPA will join a team of financial professionals responsible for monthly and quarterly financial reporting, annual budgeting and reforecasting, portfolio analytics, and market research. This role will interact extensively with LivCor asset management and executive leadership, Blackstone multifamily asset management, Revantage (LivCor’s affiliated real estate services company) accounting and treasury, and LivCor’s operating partners. The Manager – FPA will be responsible for critical financial reports and analysis presented to Blackstone and LivCor’s executive leadership team. The position reports to the VP – Finance and will have at least 5 direct reports.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
What you will do:
- Oversee and manage the annual budget and reforecast processes: develop budget timeline, policies, and procedures; determine budget drivers and performance goals; utilize budgeting templates (utilizes Oracle PBCS) and tools to develop initial budget; work interactively with operating partners to finalize budget; prepare summary reports and communicate to executive leadership team and Blackstone.
- Perform or review ad hoc analyses prepared by the team, with attention to detail and the ability to create new analyses and reports from scratch.
- Perform detailed review of financial variance reports prepared by operating partners and utilize data mining to identify any operational or performance concerns and the underlying drivers. Proactively present findings to asset management and executive leadership teams.
- Support the asset management team in preparation of monthly performance reviews with leadership and other functional teams
- Develop proficiency of the methodology and sourcing of data from various research and industry data publications including the RealPage suite of products (YieldStar, Performance Analytics, Investment Analytics, Axiometrics/MPF), Green Street, Real Capital Analytics, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
- Compare LivCor performance to the public multifamily REITs and present results at a company and market level to the executive leadership team. Become an expert in reviewing REIT earnings releases, public filings and supplemental financial reports.
- Preparation and review of quarterly board book: work with Financial Reporting Team on high profile deliverable presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting. Includes high level presentation of multifamily industry trends, capital markets activity, portfolio performance, and major capital projects and other company initiatives.
- Vigilantly and proactively participate in a continual process improvement initiative. Develop processes that save time while maintaining the highest quality standards, design data rich and aesthetically pleasing financial reports, leverage internal and external resources to efficiently achieve goals.
What you should have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A and/or financial reporting within a commercial real estate firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or accounting.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint: efficient database sourcing, utilization of standard Excel functions (sumif/s, v/hlookup, index/match, indirect, pivot tables, data tables, filters, and keyboard shortcuts!) to aggregate and summarize data, creation of graphs in proper context of data presented, use of best practices for insuring data integrity, design of executive/board level presentation quality outputs.
- Strong work ethic: strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, ability to meet critical deadlines, capable of critical self-reflection and honest assessment of performance, desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-confidence to lead a meeting and discuss financial results with executive leadership team or Blackstone asset management team.
- Basic understanding of accounting (general ledger, trial balance, and capital policy) is a plus
- Candidates with experience with industry specific data and software will be given strong preference.
- Knowledge of Oracle PBCS or similar budgeting software is a plus.
- Strong preference for multifamily experience.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
7+ to 10 years