This position is eligible for incentive compensation and has a maximum incentive opportunity of 20% of base salary.
The CalSTRS Investments Branch is seeking an experienced individual to work as an Investment Officer III in the Real Estate Unit.
The Real Estate unit invests in commercial real estate domestically and internationally. The unit currently includes allocations to core, value add and opportunistic risk strategies. The Real Estate unit's responsibilities include investment and operational oversight to manage the portfolio.
Under the general direction of the Portfolio Manager, the Investment Officer III provides investment expertise, conducts due diligence on real estate investments, and assists with overseeing existing partnerships and fund management activities, including the acquisition, asset management and disposition aspects of an investment lifecycle. The incumbent proactively seeks out, evaluates, and recommends new investments, funds and firms to partner with CalSTRS. The incumbent is responsible for performing the most complex duties requiring the highest degree of independence and discretionary judgment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, statistics, or a related field
• Industry certification (i.e. CCIM, CFA, CAIA)
• Experience in the institutional investment industry with an emphasis in Real Estate
• Experience evaluating general partners
• Experience underwriting co-investments, funds, and/or joint ventures
• Experience writing investment memos
• Knowledge of real estate market and different property types
• Ability to research, analyze, and interpret information and complex issues
• Ability to and develop and present appropriate recommendations
• Ability to present information clearly, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences
• Ability to prioritize and ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team to support team, unit, and Investments Branch goals
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with proven knowledge and experience in real estate investment, market trend analysis, and investment strategy implementation.
An incumbent who possesses a professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) may receive a 5% monthly base pay differential.
Yearly Salary: $117,300 - $139,884
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.