This full time 10-week summer internship position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to work with USAA Real Estate’s compliance and risk team. This position will introduce the candidate to various aspects of investment adviser compliance for USAA Real Estate’s private funds real estate business. During this internship, the candidate will develop a general understanding and gain firsthand exposure to a range of compliance matters, including:
- Compliance risk assessment and testing
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Anti- Money Laundering
- Code of Ethics monitoring and reporting
This position will also introduce the candidate to various aspects of securities law and other laws and regulations that impact USAA Real Estate, and the candidate will research proposed and existing SEC and/or European securities regulations and help evaluate their impact to the business. The candidate will learn about the day-to-day business and decision making of a real estate private funds company and interface with all levels of management. Interns can expect an environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing a hands-on career-building experience.
- Law school students from an accredited law school; prefer candidates who have completed at least their first year OR
- Graduate students enrolled in a program with a concentration in Finance or Real Estate; or a related field; prefer candidates who have completed their first year
- Highly inquisitive, collaborative, and a creative problem solver
- Sharp analytical skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Available for full-time work in San Antonio for at least 10 consecutive weeks in summer
- Must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption).
This job is no longer active.