Purpose of role
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Development Analyst will support the development team in all phases of development, including sourcing, underwriting, design and approvals, through construction and capitalization. Asset focus will be on retail, residential and mixed-use projects in Washington DC and immediate suburbs.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability needed. This includes the following; other duties may be assigned as needed within skill sets or if additional responsibilities are added.
- Create and manage all financial analytics for potential acquisitions and current development projects, including financial modeling and economic analysis
- Support development team in all development related efforts, including: site identification, zoning interpretation, concept development management, financial and general due diligence coordination
- Preparation of internal and external monthly and quarterly reporting (both written and numerical) for all ongoing developments and prospective acquisitions
- Sit in on meetings and take minutes (as requested)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- 2+ years of work experience in real estate development
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to work in a small team environment and help direct Development Coordinator, Senior Development Manager and Construction Project Manager as needed
- Must have financial proforma analysis ability in order to comprehensively analyze prospective new deals and accurately present returns based on potentially complicated deal structures
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable deliverables
- Solid understanding of economic and business concepts
- Local market knowledge (markets, public agency relationships, consulting contacts) is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Excel-based financial modeling and analysis required. Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Project desired
Job description revision
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Grosvenor provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, mental or physical disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
At Grosvenor we value diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our people. If you need assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please provide details along with your application
This job is no longer active.