We are a vertically integrated owner operator based in New York. With the rapid growth of our portfolio, we need to add to our project team. This is a hands-on position in a growing firm with an entrepreneurial mindset. This candidate will be exposed to multiple aspects of our business including acquisitions, development, construction, accounting and leasing. The primary role involves supporting the ongoing construction functions while coordinating with property accountants, construction, and asset management on the progress of various jobs.
- Process and code construction related invoices and submit to workflow for approval
- Process and maintain accounting functions related to job setup, maintenance, and close out in Yardi and/or NorthSpyre, including Budget, Budget Revisions, Forecasts, Attributes (with guidance from Construction Department)
- Monitor Construction Retainage and work with Construction team to determine which jobs will use the Yardi retainage function
- Work with Construction team (“CM”) to prepare monthly job cost forecasts that match the job percentage complete.
- Coordinate with Asset Management (“AM”) to provide timely and accurate analysis for reporting.
- Perform activities such as closeout completed jobs by ensuring all material costs are recorded, reconciling the job cost ledger and preparing variances. Coordinate these activities with the Project Managers and Construction Project Administrators
- Work with CM and AM to determine monthly/quarterly capital accruals
- Run and distribute detailed job cost reports to project managers which include actual and estimated costs to-date as well as projections to complete
- Work with Property Accounting team in meeting monthly close deadlines and provide guidance to them of job cost issues they need assistance with
- Work with Construction team to ensure that accounting job cost and their internal documents reconcile.
- Calculate construction management fees.
- Work with AM team for lender draw requisitions.
- Other special projects as needed
3 to 5 years of related experience in project analytics or construction accounting
- Proficiency in accounting principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks under time constraints
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word & Excel)
- Solid professional and courteous communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with Yardi and preferably NorthSpyre
- Bachelors Degree
Greenbrook policy is all employees shall be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 by date of hire, or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation under state and/or federal law. “Fully vaccinated” means that you are beyond 2 weeks or more after receipt of the second dose in a 2 dose series (ex., Pfizer, Moderna, etc.), or 2 weeks or more after receipt of one dose of a single dose vaccine (ex., Johnson & Johnson).
This job is no longer active.