Vice President, Acquisitions and Asset Management
Wexford Real Estate Investors ("WREI") is a standalone West Palm Beach based real-estate owner, operator and developer formed in 2015 resulting from the spinout of the real estate investment activities of Wexford Capital LP ("WCLP"), a hedge fund and private equity manager which has been in business since 1994. WREI focuses on sourcing, investing and executing on value and growth driven real estate transactions using an opportunistic investment philosophy. The firm currently concentrates its investments in Florida and other sunbelt markets with an emphasis on residential rental, mixed-use and condominium investments, and has invested in excess of $700 million in equity since 2010 in real estate transactions with a total value in excess of $1.4 billion, and currently have a development multifamily pipeline in excess of 3,000 units. .
WREI is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated self-starting real estate professional, who will report directly to the principals of the firm and will have responsibility for sourcing, negotiating, underwriting, closing and managing new investment opportunities. Below is a more detailed list of responsibilities.
- Implement best in class processes for sourcing and managing new real estate investments
- Lead and help oversee a team focused on sourcing new acquisitions that meet the criteria and deal profile established by the firm’s principals
- Source and maintain new relationships with brokers and other market participants to expand the firm’s network for sourcing new investment opportunities
- Lead the underwriting, due diligence process for new acquisitions, and lead the effort on closing deals, including debt and equity capitalization
- Participate in conjunction with the development and operations team in all asset management responsibilities following acquisition through the life cycle of each deal, including financial budgeting and reporting
- Train and develop junior staff
- 7+ years of multifamily and/or real estate investing experience (spanning real estate ownership, management, brokerage, and/or advisory services)
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience coaching and motivating junior team members
- A proven track-record of closing and sourcing deals that includes strong existing relationships and connections within the multifamily real estate industry
- A strong understanding of multifamily development and acquisitions, including oversight of property managers, legal professionals, operations, financing, and dispositions
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment, with ability to wear multiple hats required to be successful in a growing business
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
Competitive base and bonus, with opportunity to invest in deals and earn carried interest.
This job is no longer active.