Please make sure to attach your resume to complete your application.
The ASPCA is growing! The Real Estate and Capital Projects team is looking for a subject matter expert in real estate planning to help us improve and grow our programs into new locations across the nation. This work enables the ASPCA to support more animals, pet owners, and communities than ever before. The Real Estate and Capital Projects team is dedicated to planning, building, and renovating functional spaces to ensure our staff can carry out the ASPCA’s life-saving work.
The Senior Manager, Real Estate & Capital Projects will assume responsibility for overall construction of projects assigned. A successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with internal and external support teams. The person in this role will provide project management support for assigned projects across a portfolio including all aspects from inception to completion. Our ideal candidate possesses an understanding of the space design process, develops programming data, and implements into viable schematic designs. The Senior Manager, Capital Projects will assist with implementation and management of designs through use of professional services (architectural, engineering, general contractors, Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment specialists) and will support the Real Estate and Capital Projects department on all projects as needed. Our selected candidate will be expected to perform all duties in full support of ASPCA brand, understanding that the positive and effective execution of these duties is instrumental to the ASPCA’s core business – the protection and welfare of animals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Project Management - 90%
- Assist with management of projects across portfolio.
- Manage the entitlement process including due diligence, permit search and completion of applications
- Partner with ASPCA personnel to develop project program and manage with consultant/construction team.
- Oversee and supervise the day to day operations of the construction of the projects. Lead all vended suppliers on assigned projects.
- Partner with architects and engineers to develop plans, specifications, schedules, budgets, etc. for various assigned projects.
- Partner with internal support teams (IT, Legal, Facilities, etc.) to develop a holistic approach to project completion.
- Follow performance of contractors and ensure adherence to plans/specifications.
- Develop RFP’s for solicitation of proposals for professional services and general contractors.
- Assist with management and guide vended teams from inception through completion on assigned projects.
- Manage close-out process with various ASPCA teams and outside services.
- Assist with invoice processing and budget management.
- Develop and maintain project schedules; weekly and monthly as needed.
- Assist with development of project budgets and cost analysis
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Provide progress reporting on assigned projects.
- Coordinate furniture and equipment installation including order and specification process.
Space Management/Design Development - 10%
- Develop, maintain, and oversee an inventory of ASPCA building and space data using space management software and other methods as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate floor plans through software database – on projects under management.
- Apply established guidelines and/or applicable legislation, develop and plan space survey methodologies.
- Provide space use statistics, customized analysis, floor plans and space data to ASPCA departments.
- Oversee the planning of projects involving space use changes.
- Assist in the management, planning and coordination of appropriate space change initiatives and projects across portfolio.
- Analyze impact of new construction and renovation on space planning.
- Provide move management for occupants affected by new construction, renovation, or space use changes.
- Organize and oversee all building and site data including plans, drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
Exemplify the ASPCA’s Core Values:
- Has Commitment and dedication to improving the lives of animals
- Demonstrates Ownership and feels responsible for outcomes
- Believes in Team – that we are stronger together
- Seeks to Elevate others and reimagine what is possible
- Focuses on Impact, specifically making change for animals
Qualifications:Ability to lead and manage small to mid-sized projects, Familiarity with Real Estate Management software, Knowledge of AutoCAD software, Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Proficient in Project Management with ability to prepare and develop project schedules (on small projects), Skilled at interpreting construction documents and floor plans, Solid understanding of capital project scheduling process and development, Solid understanding of general construction administration and procedures, Solid understanding of interior design process; demonstrated ability to perform 2D layouts and interpret program requirements
Education and Work Experience:
- 7+ years relevant work experience (architecture, construction, or related field), with 5+ years experience in construction management,
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (Architecture, Real Estate, Engineering, etc.)
The ASPCA strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all ASPCA employees, including new hires, except where prohibited by applicable state or local law. The ASPCA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit a person from being vaccinated.
Our EEO Policy:
The ASPCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ASPCA’s standard application process, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the ASPCA. Please inform the ASPCA’s People Team if you need an accommodation in order to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
ASPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please don’t forget to attach your resume to complete your application.
Apply for this job