TSB Capital Advisors / TSB Realty ("TSB") is a real estate advisory firm built on strong client relationships and a proven track record of success. TSB delivers a unique, personalized, and hands-on view to real estate by staying proactively involved from the beginning to the end of a transaction.
With offices in Paoli, PA and Phoenix, AZ, TSB specializes in real estate finance, sales and full-service consulting with a specialty in the student housing sector. Since 2010, TSB ranks #1 for total number of deals closed and overall volume of closed transactions in student housing. In addition to student housing, TSB works in other areas of real estate including multifamily, retail and build-to-rent. While student housing will always remain a strong focus of the firms, TSB continues to expand heavily into other product types.
TSB is recognized industry wide as preeminent real estate finance firm for student housing whose services are sought after by some of the most sophisticated real estate owners, operators and investors in the country. TSB acts as a consultant, not just a broker, advising clients on every step on the capital financing process.
Team members work seamlessly across both companies, maximizing exposure to every facet of the real estate industry including debt, joint venture equity, construction, acquisitions and investment sales for everything from single assets to billion-dollar portfolios. TSB has a national presence having completed transactions in almost every state giving team members exposure to a wide range of markets.
As a boutique firm, new team members can make a significant impact in the most exciting and fastest growing CRE sector (student housing) and will network with and have exposure to regional and national banks, investment banks, private equity firms as well as the agencies. In addition, team members work with clients ranging from small, local owners / operators to the largest real estate owners in the country. The ideal candidate will learn and grow quickly within the company.
TSB Capital Advisors is seeking an experienced Associate for its team. The Associate will have the opportunity to interact and work directly with all team members including principals in both offices. Key responsibilities of the position are:
- Review and screen new opportunities
- Develop excel financial models projecting property level cash flows and returns
- Review and research property, financial, market and legal due diligence matters
- Preparing detailed investment memos
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating term sheets, loan documents, appraisals and sales agreements.
- Coordinate efforts leading to transaction closing
- 2-4 years of finance or commercial real estate finance experience
- Understanding on capital markets principals (interest rate calculations, IRRs)
- Very high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent business writing and interpersonal communication
- Strong work ethic, integrity, candidate should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Ability and confidence to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Accuracy, completeness and pride of ownership
- Desire to join a growing and entrepreneurial team
- Periodic travel as needed
- Paoli, PA, walkable to the Paoli Septa / Amtrak Station
TSB offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401k match.
Apply for this job