Assistant Vice President - Development
Alpine Start Development is a privately-owned real estate investment and development company, with a primary focus on ground-up multifamily projects in the North and Central Texas area. The Company is a vertically integrated development firm with a pipeline exceeding $400m in total project cost. Prior to forming ASD, the principals closed 40 transactions within the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex since 2017, and managed development projects nationwide exceeding $1.2b in capitalization.
The Company maintains a vision for creating value through economic performance and delivering projects that serve the communities where we operate. ASD’s success is rooted in a thoughtful approach to design, a collaborative and holistic working relationship with public and private stakeholders, and expertise within real estate capital markets and investments. The Company strives to contribute positively to our surrounding neighborhoods and maximize equity returns to our investment partners.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, this role will be responsible for managing development projects from site identification through disposition. The AVP - Development plays an integral role in ensuring that projects are properly executed, with work encompassing site due diligence, pre-development/design, project scheduling, entitlements/permitting, pre-construction value engineering, budgetary cost review, periodic budget reforecasts, supporting the Chief Construction Officer with onboarding the General Contractor, and supporting the Asset Management team including onboarding the Property Manager.
The role presents the AVP - Development with a unique opportunity for involvement in every facet of the development process, from pre-acquisition to disposition, and will provide for regular interaction with the firm’s Managing Partners.
- Project Management
- Directly cover 2-3 projects simultaneously for their full life cycles
- Site feasibility analysis
- Due diligence
- Project scheduling
- Budgetary cost review
- Entitlement approvals
- Supporting the Construction team with permitting
- Consultant RFP, bid/award
- Managing design team selection and the design process
- Periodic review of construction management and budget reforecasts
- Provides overall support to ensure project completion at the Company’s standards for quality design and programming
- Internal and External Communication
- Monitors the flow of information regarding project design among interested parties, including investors, market research personnel, construction groups, and design teams
- Assist in the preparation of investor and lender materials, performing closing due diligence, circulating documentation to debt & equity financing, and providing updates to capital partners as needed.
- Liaises with all internal cross functional teams including accounting, acquisitions, and construction.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering, Finance or related
- 4+ years of experience managing ground up multifamily projects
- Direct development or multifamily development experience preferred
- Strong quantitative aptitude with a high level of attention to detail, and ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable deliverables
- Solid understanding of economic and business concepts
- Ability to work with Excel models, perform financial analysis, and work within other MS Office suite functions
- Highly resourceful and capable of successfully managing a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal oversight in an entrepreneurial environment
Apply for this job