Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We’re actively seeking a talented Asset Manager to join our Real Estate Equity team in Newport Beach, CA. This role will primarily sit onsite with travel across the US.
As an Asset Manager, you’ll play a key role in Pacific Life’s growth and long-term success by maximizing the value and income of the equity real estate portfolio (primarily multi-family assets) by executing property-level strategies to enhance property-level performance. This is an opportunity to provide analytical and asset management oversight in order to determine the merits and risks of investment opportunities to meet investment objectives.
The Real Estate Equity team makes higher yielding real estate investments nationwide, through direct or joint venture equity, preferred equity, or mezzanine positions. REE is part of Pacific Life's Investment Division.
How you will make an impact:
- Work closely with partners, property managers, consultants and servicers, to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, renewals, analysis and approvals.
- Optimize property performance and investment returns through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying value-add opportunities for improved performance.
- Understand cash flow, distribution analysis, and develop investment projections.
- Review monthly financials and monitor investment performance.
- Strengthen policies, procedures, and practices, and identify opportunities to improve quality and content of internal reporting.
- Develop and distribute periodic asset management reports to Senior Management as well as modeling financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition.
- Assess impact of prospective tenant leases and capital improvement projects on building valuation.
- When required, provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Review and analyze legal documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence and closing process.
- Develop strong relationships within the real estate industry to ascertain market and asset trends to ensure asset performs in top rankings among competitors.
- Research, evaluate and confirm locational, market, comparable and property data.
- Organize and support analysis, draw objective conclusions, present verbal and written recommendations.
- Manage existing property level debt obligations and analyze alternative or accretive debt scenarios.
The experience you will bring:
- College degree (BA/BA) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Engineering
- Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Strong risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with Senior Management, partners and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- Working experience in evaluation and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Experience with revenue management systems such as Yieldstar and LRO.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem solving ability.
- Expertise in mathematics and the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as, the use of a financial calculator.
What will make you stand out
- Masters Degree & Real Estate or MBA is strongly preferred
- Experience in multi-family equity investments
More reasons to join:
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. We work passionately each day to drive our company forward while enjoying job security, flexible scheduling, and great opportunities for career growth.
If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, Pacific Life is the place for you. If you are a self-starter who appreciates creativity and individuality in your colleagues – even better. We look forward to receiving your application.
Want to learn more about life at Pacific Life? Take an inside look at our company culture: Instagram.com/lifeatpacificlife.
How We Help You Succeed:
We’re fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
Generous PTO and holiday pay
Warm Colleagues & Inspiring Culture
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
Apply for this job