Senior Associate – Asset Management
Leftbank is a Chicago based private equity real estate firm focused on acquisitions, development, and property management in diverse geographic markets across the US. Leftbank invest across multiple asset classes including apartments and industrial, and currently has investments in Tennessee, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Indiana, Illinois, and California. Recently, the firm has acquired several largescale development sites in urban markets for the development of over 1,200 new apartment units. The firm has four partners. Two of the partners have founded and taken public their former companies. The other two partners have institutional real estate backgrounds and have collectively worked on >$1 billion of total transactions.
The position is for a Senior Associate of Asset Management. Our firm is growing fast and is seeking a star candidate that will lead asset management. The ideal hire will be able to implement intuitional asset management processes, software, and frameworks. This position will interact closely with the firm’s partners. Leftbank is an entrepreneurial environment and each hire has ample opportunity to expand their contribution and grow within the firm. The company currently has 6 people.
- Create property budgets and reports for company principals, investors, and partners
- Monitor and maintain budgets, including coordinating with accounting team
- Oversee property managers regarding all aspects of daily operations, including, but not limited to leasing and capital projects
- Make recommendations to improve property financial performance
- Enhance and develop institutional asset management frameworks, reports, and processes
- Provide analytical support to the partners
- Contribute to meetings with potential equity and debt capital partners
- Help to organize and manage the office for the partners
- Assist in other projects and requests as required
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Background in asset management
- 4 to 7 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently and as part of a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity and motivation
- Highly organized with attention to detail (important requirement)
- Familiarity with real estate finance, operations, leasing, and development concepts
- Construction or development experience a plus but not required
- Personality that enjoys mentorship and learning
To Apply and Other Information
This is a full-time position with an immediate start date. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the market and relevant experience. Benefits are competitive, including health care. The candidate will have the opportunity to invest in projects. The Job is located in Chicago, IL at Leftbank’s corporate office.
To apply please send your resume and include a few sentences as a cover letter. Feel free to attach any relevant work items such as a financial model or presentation you have put together. Please no calls.
- Asset Management
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
Apply for this job