SUMMARY: Timbers Company is the developer and operator of a collection of properties in 16 of the world’s most diverse high-end destinations. The portfolio, known as the Timbers Collection, includes boutique private resorts, hotels and residence clubs in ski, golf, leisure and beach locations. Since 1999, Timbers Company has been committed to being authentic, unique and respectful of the destination, focusing on family and experiences, and never compromising with regard to quality and service. Timbers Company is majority owned by a fund controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. Current Timbers Collection properties can be found in Napa, Tuscany, Aspen, Steamboat, Vail, Cabo San Lucas, Kauai, Maui, Sonoma, Scottsdale, Kiawah among other locations.
The Acquisitions Analyst will report to the Director of Business Development and will support the CFO, development team and the Operations team.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build detailed financial projection models (for hotel and real estate sales) and perform due diligence on new and existing investments.
- Research all relevant financial assumptions for underwriting.
- Competitive analysis of target markets including identifying comparable existing projects, comparing property locations, specific amenities, and determining market pricing.
- Participate in the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial acquisition phases through the commencement of operations
- Assist the Development Team in preparing and presenting investment packages.
- Coordinate and participate in multifunctional teams to analyze existing market conditions, product mix, property amenities and features, sales pricing, and operational expenses at target properties.
- Support transaction due diligence and closing processes for acquisitions and dispositions. Respond to requests from the investment committee, deal team leaders, investors, brokers, lenders and the buyer or seller.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualities
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Perform complex financial analyses, including cash flow projections with complex financing structures, valuation models, and sensitivity analyses
- Create sophisticated Excel-based analytical tools including macro-enabled financial models
- Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents, identify potential issues and make recommendations
- Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Accurate, detail oriented, dependable and punctual
- Willingness and patience to iteratively improve/refine work product
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations (including international)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Real Estate required. Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Real Estate preferred. Must have 1 - 3 years’ relevant real estate development work experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by insurance carrier.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job