Analyst, Multifamily Investments & Acquisitions
The Firm is a nationally recognized market leader in the acquisition, development, and management of commercial properties throughout the U.S. For over 20 years, the Firm has delivered sound investment strategies to clients, partners and investors, enabling them to create, maintain, and add value to their portfolios through a full set of real estate services.
Over the past 10 years, the Firm’s primary focus has been owning and operating a large portfolio of multifamily assets, totaling 45+ properties and 14,000+ units located throughout the Sunbelt and Midwest Regions. This Analyst position will sit in the company’s Atlanta, GA regional office and will primarily support the Multifamily Investments team, with opportunities to work alongside the Acquisitions team in pursuit of new opportunities. The Firm is responsible for managing over $3 Billion in assets with year-over-year acquisition totals ranging from $500MM-$750MM per year; and the company has excellent access to capital with the goal of continuing aggressive expansion throughout all phases of the real estate cycle.
- Support both the Multifamily Investments and Acquisitions teams with all aspects of managing the multifamily real estate portfolio and acquiring new properties.
- Assist in preparation of annual portfolio budgets, as well as new acquisition budgets.
- Analyze existing performance reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis with the goal of identifying areas of opportunity.
- Facilitate information flow between property management, due diligence/acquisition, accounting, and multifamily investments teams.
- Assist in creation of presentation materials and communications sent to investors and executive management.
- Prepare asset valuations and cash flow forecasts.
- The ideal candidate would be one that has a natural curiosity for analyzing numbers and determining “the story” driving those numbers.
- 2-5 years of commercial real estate analytical experience, with strong grasp of real estate finance principles and investment return concepts/calculations. Direct multifamily experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software with an advanced Excel background
- Dependable, resourceful, highly-motivated self-starter with an ability to work remotely and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of property management software receives preference (Onesite, Yardi, etc)
- Network of established relationships in the multifamily industry with references a plus
- Bachelor’s degree – Masters degree a plus but not required, degree in business, finance or economics preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Offering medical, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement plan benefits, paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job