New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Newport Beach or Charlotte
Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $132 billion of assets under management. Managing a suite of funds and mandates, across both public and private investments, and spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies and investment styles, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing.
With over 85 years of real estate investing experience and more than 600 employees* located across over 25 cities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, the platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise.
The Nuveen Real Estate team is seeking to add a Director to support the Structured Debt Loan Closing Team. The successful candidate must be willing to work out of New York, San Francisco, Chicago or Newport Beach (other locations also considered). This person will work closely with loan originators, capital markets, borrowers, correspondents, servicing and counsel to quarterback loans through the closing process and ensure all underwriting and closing requirements are met.
He / she will possess strong knowledge of key loan documents in order to negotiate loan terms and manage the closing needs of a complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans (i.e. knowledge of documentation associated with syndicated loans, participations, contributing senior loans to a collateralized loan obligation (“CLO”) vehicle, and bank loan regulations). This person will be able to identify potential closing issues on complex transactions and demonstrate ability to formulate creative solutions to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Negotiate loan document business terms and participate on closing checklist calls with borrowers, and external and internal business partners.
- Prepare analysis for closing requirements, closing memos, and verify compliance with company procedures.
- Review leases, estoppels, SNDAs, zoning reports, appraisal, engineering and environmental reports.
- Assist in due diligence and closing matters for secondary market execution.
- Review settlement statement to ensure all fees and expenses are accurate and documented.
- Facilitate a smooth transition with syndicate and/or lending partners as well as to the Asset Management team post-closing of all transactions
- Monitor and administer post-closing obligations, trigger events and loan covenants.
- Properly onboard loan through use of Backshop.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of commercial real estate loan closing experience.
- Strong knowledge of senior and subordinated transitional floating debt, construction loan structures, and workout experience
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree or CFA a plus.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities while delivering quality product.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working independently in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Willing to travel as needed to assist in property related and investment related analysis and decision making.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2021 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job