Founded in 2006, Revere Capital is a private credit investment firm providing bridge lending to commercial real estate owners and operators throughout the US. Our mission statement of “Get to Yes” embodies the out of the box thinking and creative problem-solving solutions that we provide to our Borrowers. Through this scrappy mentality we have been able to create a fifteen-year track record of proven expertise and a team of twenty across the country that allows us to continuously expand our presence and ability as a lender for middle market, value-add real asset transactions.
The Commercial Real Estate Underwriter Associate is responsible for underwriting commercial real estate loan transactions that typically range between $3 - $30 million. This includes working with the originator to complete due diligence on the asset, structuring terms to mitigate risk for the portfolio while meeting the needs of the borrower, liaising between parties and counsel to complete loan documentation, and providing support to asset management as needed throughout the life of the investment and portfolio.
- Can navigate a deal through the entire due diligence process
- Identify key investment metrics, returns, risks, and mitigants while also keeping an eye on the overall investment assessment.
- Complete thorough due diligence on Sponsors and affiliated parties with an ability to adjust due diligence procedures based on investment characteristics.
- Partner with Originators to craft and deliver clear concise investment memos to Investment Committee.
- Review legal documents and negotiate documents with Borrower and their counsel
- Coordinate with asset management as requested to ensure assets and portfolio are fully serviced
- Complete site visits of properties
- Conduct industry analysis as required
- 5 years of underwriting experience in the commercial real estate industry
- A team player who is seeking exposure and the ability to contribute to all facets of the loan lifecycle
- Strong critical review skills
- Ability to take ownership of all assignments and duties, completing them quickly and efficiently with no oversight
- Ability to juggle conflicting deadlines and high priority items
- Proactive individual who embodies the “do-er” mentality
- Excellent conflict management skills with the ability to negotiate between parties
- Possess the courage and confidence to have difficult conversations or voice differing opinions with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of loan documentation, loan policy and regulations
- This is not a remote position. Must either reside in Dallas or relocate within the first 60 days.
- Asset Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job