Bulfinch is looking for an Analyst to join our Investment Team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who has a positive attitude and the ability to produce quality work with an exceptional attention to detail. The Analyst will be a key part of our Investment Team, involved with all aspects of the deal lifecycle and supporting the day-to-day management of the Bulfinch portfolio. Bulfinch envisions the position as a potential stepping-stone to grow within the firm.
Bulfinch is an entrepreneurial, commercial real estate investment firm focused on the acquisition, repositioning, development, leasing and management of office, lab, medical, R&D, industrial and retail properties throughout the United States, with a focus on greater New England.
With approximately $3 billion of assets under management spanning nearly 3 million square feet, Bulfinch has a strong long-term performance track record rooted in our extensive market knowledge, speed and flexibility of execution and value-oriented investment philosophy.
Learn more about our company at .
- The Analyst will be an active member of the Investment team involved with transactions from the time they are identified, through underwriting, closing, development, day-to-day management, and disposition
- The Analyst will take an active role supporting asset management activities including property level decision making, investor reporting, quarterly valuation, and annual budget tracking
- The Analyst will work directly with senior management across different functions including investments, asset management, legal, leasing, construction, property management, accounting, financial reporting, and marketing
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the analysis of investment and financing opportunities including financial underwriting, due diligence, market research, ad-hoc analysis, and the creation of investment committee materials
- Take responsibility in the preparation and evaluation of sophisticated Microsoft Excel and Argus models for investment opportunities and/or development opportunities across asset classes, including waterfall and preferred equity analyses
- Support the construction team with the permitting and development process when necessary
- Act as a liaison with external parties in the scheduling/attendance of property tours, execution of CA’s, collection of market data, and attendance at industry events
- Maintain proprietary databases and collect market research to support acquisitions efforts
- Update and assist with drafting of presentations for both internal and external meetings
- Take ownership of ad-hoc projects across the organization as they arise
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Skill Set:
Bulfinch is a fast-paced, high-performance organization seeking a highly motivated candidate who is a roll-up-the-sleeves self-starter and resourceful problem solver. The ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS required, with a preference for a concentration in real estate, finance and/or economics
- 1-4 years of related experience (however strong undergraduate candidates will be considered)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in Argus, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to multi-task while delivering work of high quality, great efficiency, and timeliness
- A willingness to take on any and all assignments
- A good sense of humor, a positive attitude, and the drive to be a proactive team-player
- A robust record of hard work as well as academic and professional achievement
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package.
- Asset Management
Apply for this job