Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest investment managers in the world with $130 billion1 of assets under management.
Managing a suite of funds and mandates, across both public and private investments, and spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies and investment styles, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing.
With over 80 years of real estate investing experience and more than 550 employees2 located across over 25 cities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, the platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise.
NYC or Charlotte
The NRE Alternative Housing team has the responsibility of executing on all equity transactions and for overseeing the financial, operational and capital matters for Nuveen’s portfolio, including single-family rental, manufactured housing and self-storage. This hire will primarily support acquisition initiatives within Alternating Housing and will be integral in evaluating and executing new investments and strategic partnerships. They will help support the team’s asset management function and regularly meet with operating partners to discuss investment performance and strategy. As a part of the broader NRE Alternatives and Strategic Transactions team, they will also evaluate, and underwrite new strategic opportunities in other alternative sectors the firm may choose to invest in the future.
A position requirement is that applicants possess strong analytical skills, are highly proficient in Argus Enterprise and Microsoft Excel software, and have the ability to further develop, expand and maintain external relationships with key market participants. Candidate should be highly adaptable to changing investment landscape, ability to think creatively to add value, detail oriented and mindset for outperformance. This position is currently remote but will return to the NYC or Charlotte office once re-opened.
- Evaluate potential transactions and investment returns as well as prepare and review offers, investment committee packages, financing packages, and due diligence information.
- Perform underwriting and market research of potential investment opportunities using Argus Enterprise and Microsoft Excel.
- Establish, develop, and maintain external relationships with key market participants, investment sales, leasing brokers, and lenders.
- Maintain the ongoing tracking of NRE’s alternative housing portfolio.
- Assist with sourcing new opportunities and tracking active deals in the market.
- Understand and keep current on market dynamics and trends and see the input of research and other professionals in analytic activities.
- Grow NRE’s business with operating partners (including developers) across sectors, as well as asset owners to identify strategic investment opportunities.
- Help access under-represented emerging markets and develop relationships with potential local partners.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study
- Prior experience in real estate and/or investment banking
- Possess strong knowledge of commercial real estate, economics, finance, valuation and financing
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative with a proven ability to interact effectively with other functions and team leaders
- Familiarity with commercial real estate fundamentals and terminology
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2021 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job