Tramview Capital Management (“TCM”) is seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to support the firm’s growing real estate investment management business. The Senior Investment Analyst will be involved in all aspects of acquisitions and asset management, working closely with senior team members and external third parties to help underwrite, due diligence, close, and oversee investments across the firm’s strategies and target markets. The successful applicant will be highly motivated with a tremendous work ethic, have an analytical mindset with strong quantitative and technical skills, and have a passion for real estate investing. The position provides for excellent long-term growth potential at TCM.
Tramview Capital Management is a value-oriented real estate investment management firm focused on investing in institutional quality real estate in targeted growth markets across the U.S. TCM was formed in 2020 by Robert Davies and Zach Segal, who have collectively overseen and managed in excess of $4.5 billion of equity invested globally across the multifamily, industrial, office, and other real estate sectors. TCM is focused on generating strong, risk-adjusted returns by investing in properties at an attractive and defensible basis in targeted markets and in sectors with compelling long-term fundamentals and proven liquidity. TCM seeks to acquire well-located properties that have multiple levers to enhance income through value-add initiatives.
Tramview was founded based upon: (i) an established fiduciary grounding and (ii) an entrepreneurial, team-oriented approach. By always putting the investors' interests foremost and appropriately aligning incentives in a collaborative environment with lifecycle investment accountability, Tramview seeks to generate outperformance with attractive, risk-adjusted returns. TCM investment professionals are empowered and expected to significantly contribute to serving the needs of clients and the growth of the TCM platform, and thereby provided with related professional development opportunities and incentive alignment.
- Work with senior team members to evaluate, analyze, diligence, and underwrite potential real estate acquisitions and joint venture investments across property types. Identify and analyze risks and opportunities.
- Assist with the documentation and closing of various transactions, including acquisitions, financings, dispositions, etc.
- Heavy emphasis on financial modeling, managing pro-forma analyses in Excel and Argus, including historical financial review, developing and refining financial projections, waterfalls, debt analysis, calculation of key metrics, and sensitivity analysis.
- Oversee market research and analysis relating to specific acquisition opportunities and / or investment strategies.
- Prepare investment committee recommendations.
- Engage with external parties including sales/leasing brokers, operating partners, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, etc.
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials for new acquisitions, existing investment updates, and various marketing and client related reporting requirements.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc materials for TCM’s clients as requested.
- Monitor investment performance across portfolio assets, including leasing and capital plans, and prepare business plan updates and valuation analysis for portfolio assets.
- Develop deep knowledge of Tramview target markets.
- Maintain TCM’s investment pipeline.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant real estate experience (e.g. real estate private equity, real estate operating company, real estate investment banking, real estate lending, real estate investment sales/leasing etc.), including extensive financial modeling, due diligence, and underwriting experience.
- Expertise in financial modeling and analysis (e.g. unlevered and levered property cash flows, calculation of key metrics, waterfalls, portfolio roll-ups, sensitivity analysis, etc.).
- Familiarity with leases, purchase and sales agreements, property management agreements, listing agreements, partnership agreements, loan docs, construction agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, and intercreditor agreements.
- Highly analytical with excellent quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with commitment to producing high quality, accurate work product.
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who has a strong work ethic, takes initiative, and works well as a part of a team and individually.
- Thrives in hands-on, fast paced environment, exhibiting poise and ability to multitask and proficiently manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university with track record of success.
TRAVEL: Some travel required (e.g. diligence investment opportunities, asset management of existing investments).
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation and benefits package with salary and bonus along with future carried interest potential.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
Apply for this job