ABOUT BRASA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Brasa Capital Management (“Brasa”) is a West Coast focused real estate private equity firm pursuing opportunistic debt and equity transactions. Brasa manages discretionary investment funds and separate account vehicles on behalf of its diverse base of institutional and private capital partners.
Brasa is currently seeking an Associate to join its Investments Group. The Investment Associate will work closely with the acquisition and asset managers. Primary acquisitions responsibilities will range from initial deal underwriting to closing transactions. Asset management functions will include overseeing leasing efforts and business plan execution. The position will provide exposure to many property types and many major MSAs across the Western United States.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Work directly with senior acquisition officers to evaluate and underwrite potential opportunistic real estate acquisitions, joint venture investments, subordinate debt, and note acquisitions
- Engage with external parties familiar with potential assets/markets and for research and due diligence processes (investment sales and leasing brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, etc.)
- Oversee due diligence and closing processes with legal, consultants etc.
- Prepare presentation materials for possible new acquisitions
- Prepare consolidated economic research reports quarterly
- Analyze and report on the financial performance of portfolio assets
- Monitor leasing, capital and development plans and prepare business plan updates and valuation analysis for portfolio assets
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics etc.)
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
- Proficiency of real estate cash flow modeling using Microsoft Excel and Argus
- An inquisitive and motivated personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with Acquisitions and Asset Management leads as well as company leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and work well in a group setting
- Integrity and hard work ethic with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Asset Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job