Responsible for planning, coordination, and management of all physical plant facility activities for the College including maintenance, cleaning, renovation, construction and overall budget control. Areas of responsibility include: building and grounds, operational engineering, custodial operations, fleet management, utility management, and the planning and execution of all facets of the College's new construction and renovation projects.
- Plan and manage routine, periodic and preventative maintenance and renovations for physical plant systems, grounds and landscaping, custodial services and other related areas, including a complete facility life cycle management/budgeting for all facilities and fleet.
- Serve as primary point of contact for various constituents regarding facilities planning issues, including communication with the College community, neighborhood groups, peer institutions, and local municipalities.
- Drive efficiency in all aspects of the facilities operations, including identifying programs to reduce consumption of energy and water resources.
- Prepare, execute and monitor Facilities, Maintenance and Construction activities and budgets.
- Develop, in coordination with the Board and College constituents, and execute the College's Facilities Master Plan (FMP).
- Develop, manage and maintain design construction standards for all College buildings and grounds.
- Develop and present to senior management and the Board background and rationale for vendor selection, procurement options and budget requests.
- Actively communicate with multiple work contacts including administrators, faculty, staff, outside vendors and College attorney (as appropriate), as well as develop written transmittals for submission to the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for complete, timely regulatory filings, reporting and submissions on facilities and grounds.
- Confirm all the necessary permits, tests, peer review and commissioning requirements are defined and complete.
- Supervise employees in accordance with College and Board policies, procedures, rules, collective bargaining agreements and federal and state laws/regulations.
- Develop high performing teams for all areas of facilities and construction.
- Approve facilities, maintenance and construction purchase requisitions, contracts, competitive solicitations, and vendor selections. Coordinate the selection of architects, engineers and/or construction managers
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all facets of the College's new construction and major renovation projects (generally projects of $100,000 or higher).
- Develop project timelines and critical paths, scheduling, including phasing to ongoing activities.
- Facilitate regular review of design drawings, design development drawings and construction documents.
- Work with Coordinator, Risk Management to provide safety training as appropriate.
- Sustain an environment that creates a culture of service, teamwork and a commitment to respect diversity within the organization.
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Managers, review change orders for completeness and accuracy before submitting them to the Vice President for Administrative Affairs and President for approval.
- Manage maintenance and organization of building drawings.
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation of capital equipment of all facility and grounds equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge field of facility management, maintenance, design and construction.
Minimum seven years of significant, directly related experience in comprehensive facility management and /or construction fields with a minimum of five years senior level supervisory experience. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, have strong organizational skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve accordingly, and have the ability to interpret/advise/support/train and make presentations on behalf of the College. Proven ability to work effectively with vendors, contractors, etc. is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facility Management, Business Management or related field.
As noted above in an education-oriented organization.
Master's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facility Management, Business Management or related field.
Computer and standard office software/equipment.
Standard work-day. Overtime as required to complete tasks. Be available at all time in emergency situations.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
7+ to 10 years