As a growing investor in multifamily assets, with a portfolio throughout the southeast, we seek to hire someone to oversee all facilities, capital improvement projects and maintenance operations. Responsibilities, skills, and requirements are listed below:
Capital Improvement Projects
- Develops appropriate scope of work for budgeted projects as requested by leadership.
- Oversees 5-year Capital walks/plans to identify and diagnose life/safety and environmental issues as well as evaluates the general condition of the property, and recommends repairs, renovations, and other capital projects to correct or improve the property’s condition for approval by leadership.
- Involved in the due diligence process by identifying potential capital needs and assisting with cost estimates for capital projects on potential acquisitions
- Manages numerous interior and exterior renovations, initiatives, and coordination efforts.
- Oversees construction renovation and Capex projects from start to finish.
- Ensures that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Communicates effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Monitors the progress of the renovation activities on a regular basis.
- Maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Ensures all construction/renovation work performed follows applicable ordinances and building codes by staying informed about relevant codes, ordinances, and permit requirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required documentation and other information to appropriate agencies.
- Communicates proactively and frequently with the property staff, affected residents, and other key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surfaces and addresses concerns, and plans specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
- Monitors the progress of the construction and renovations by making routine site inspections, directing contractors and sub-contractors as needed to ensure quality control, and addresses issues or problems to keep the project on budget and on schedule.
- Develops detailed, written, specifications for each capital improvement project as requested.
- Solicits, analyzes and recommends appropriate vendors and/or contractors for all projects and manages the bidding and contract process.
- Conducts final inspection of completed projects prior to any payment for completed work.
- Approves the payment of for completed projects.
- Completes annual inspections of each property prior to the annual budget process and makes appropriate Cap Ex recommendations for the coming budget year.
- Researches, recommends, and implements “green” initiatives and cost savings.
On-Site Maintenance Oversight
- Serves as a resource for field maintenance personnel when technical questions or issues arise.
- Researches and makes recommendations on new products, services or operational efficiencies that will save properties time and/or dollars.
- Provides input on energy conservation initiatives at each property.
- Identifies and implements multi-site purchasing initiatives or bulk contracts targeted to provide portfolio savings or efficiencies.
- Assists in the budget process/review.
- Reviews and recommends maintenance procedures for maintenance manual.
- Includes managing insurance claims which meet property deductible and are approved by the insurance company.
- Reviews and comprehends material take-offs from architectural plans and drawings, as necessary.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with progressively increased levels of responsibility overseeing property maintenance or renovation projects.
- Demonstrated experience in running projects with complex scopes.
- High degree of experience in contract negotiations, developing and implementing national purchasing programs, and managing contractors to scope, budget, and timely delivery.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the renovations, maintenance, and construction fields with significant experience in overseeing capital and renovation-type projects.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, construction-related, property management and human resources documents and reports to provide updates, information, and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor team members, peers, and contractors.
- Strong background in overseeing diverse types of multi-family communities – new construction, rehabs, older product.
- Strong track record of successful personnel management – including hiring, training, and staff development.
- Proven track record of success.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to lead by example and delegate.
- Have an “early is on time” deadline philosophy.
- Attention to detail and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and have grace under pressure.
- Team player mindset and strong sense of urgency.
- Transparency, reporting and sharing of information effectively across all departments.
- Strong technical understanding of design and construction.
- Proven record of successful negotiation skills.
- High degree of experience in budget planning, expense monitoring and profit and loss responsibility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Onesite a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation.
- Travel required.
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.