The Analyst/Associate provides advanced level financial analysis and technical support in valuing assets and evaluating investment and portfolio returns, financing alternatives, and partnership return analysis for infrastructure investments. This role will also include deep infrastructure market research, legal documentation review, and internal portfolio reporting and stakeholder coordination.
The position is within Attexo Capital, USAA Real Estate’s infrastructure investment and investment management subsidiary. As a new venture, Attexo Capital presents elements of a small startup within a much larger institutional parent; accrdingly, a demonstrated entrepreneurial energy and drive is important.
- Prepare detailed infrastructure financial analyses, assist with financial modeling and develop models to compare alternative investments or scenario comparisons.
- Research market information to incorporate prudent modeling assumptions. Assist in market underwriting.
- Coordinate, compile, review and summarize investment-related due diligence materials. Work with other team members on issues related to investment due diligence. Coordinate with consultants and other due diligence vendors as required.
- Assist in supplying information for co-investment partners to include the preparation of pro-forma financials. Assist in the underwriting, formation and structuring of co-investment relationships and investment structures with third parties.
- Assist, as requested, with debt financing packages, investment pro-formas, lender due diligence, investments in public or private stocks or mergers, and assist with preparation for Investment Committee and Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Assist, as needed, with transition of investments upon closing.
- Maintain and input infrastructure submissions information and provide regular reporting.
- Maintain team transaction and portfolio management records in coordination with the team, for future review and audit purposes. Learn and use internal and external software platform systems related to all work flows referred to above.
- Provide assistance as needed with preparation of cash flows, analysis and budgets.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned, particularly in regard to flexibility of workflow management and ad hoc projects. This position will require the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work independently, seek guidance when appropriate, and communicate clearly across various levels of the organization is essential.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related technical field such as accounting or engineering.
- Graduate degree preferred at the Associate level role.
- 2-5 years of investment analysis experience in the infrastructure, private equity or related industry.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts with time value of money.
- Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years