Urban Villages, Inc., is a Denver-based, real estate development and property management company that specializes in timeless design and environmentally responsible development and management practices (www.urban-villages.com). We focus on long-term value creation for all of our project stakeholders: investors, partners, tenants, neighbors, communities, and our environment. Urban Villages creates places where people and businesses thrive.
Urban Villages is expanding its asset management function and is seeking a critical thinking, highly organized analyst to play an integral role as a member of our growing team. The ideal candidate has a minimum two years of work experience in real estate asset management or finance and is eager to continue growing their professional skills and exposure.
The Asset Management Analyst will assist in the asset management of a diverse portfolio of investment real estate and support buy/sell transaction execution. Key responsibilities for this position include creating and maintaining pro-forma underwriting models, reporting performance of assets, supporting transactions, and assisting asset management in creating and implementing asset business plans. Attributes and capabilities that are critical to this position include: financial and analytical aptitude, proficiency with Excel and ARGUS, excellent communication skills, well organized with strong attention to detail, desire to learn and grow, entrepreneurial mindset, independently motivated, and a strong sense of personal responsibility. This position reports directly to the Asset Manager.
- Maintain ARGUS models for each asset, prepare cash flow projections in Excel and conduct analysis of proposed lease transactions
- Analyze opportunities for property value-add and repositioning investments, and make recommendations regarding the same
- Analyze and synthesize reports from property management, accounting and leasing teams
- Prepare executive-oriented investment reports and presentations
- Create and maintain a database to quickly access critical data for all assets (e.g. property demographics, key debt details, latest valuation, budgeted/projected cash flow, tax basis, leasing activity, etc.)
- Coordinate annual property budget process; support updating of property business plans; prepare and review CAM reconciliations
- Abstract lease documents, loan agreements or other legal documents
- Assemble lender reporting packages to maintain compliance with loan covenants
- Track loan maturities and assist in refinancing processes
- Support the evaluation, underwriting and due diligence of investment opportunities; generate memos detailing investment rationale, execution risks, and prospective returns
- Support property dispositions with analysis of sale strategies/offers and compiling of due diligence data rooms
- Conduct ongoing market research and maintain knowledge of relevant markets, submarkets, and property comps
- Other tasks as necessary to support the asset management function and Urban Villages’ corporate goals
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or related field of study
- 2-4 years of related work experience in real estate asset management, finance, brokerage or consulting
- Foundational understanding of commercial real estate finance and accounting concepts
- Real estate cash flow modeling experience; advanced skills in Excel and ARGUS
- Strong mathematical and data analytical solving skills; demonstrated ability to explain and interpret results
- Experience with commercial real estate transactions (leasing, buy/sell) a plus
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communication skills
- Absolute discreteness in receiving and handling sensitive information
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to professionally interact with a broad range of clientele/relationships
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to accomplish objectives with little daily supervision and distraction
- Prior success working in a team environment
- Ability to travel when needed, often on short notice
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience. Employees may be eligible to participate in benefits packages, which include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and a public transit pass.
Candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements and available start date, to careers at urban-villages.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job