Golden Lioness Corp./Gora Group is an owner/manager/developer of real estate throughout the tri-state area seeking an experienced Controller for the company. Candidate will undertake all aspects of financial management, including property accounting, corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
We are looking for a Controller to lead the accounting department and uphold the financial health of the Company. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, oversight of financial processes, and leadership over an accounting team.
- Have a “Consider it Done” attitude while being self-driven and be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and urgency conducive to a boutique-sized firm with strong organizational and time management skills and an ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Share Company values of Respect Integrity Honesty Innovation and Execution.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including but not limited to AP, AR, and cash management.
- Oversee day-to-day recording of operations via Sage Timberline.
- Monitoring cash accounts via online banking.
- Overseeing business processes and accounting policies to maintain and reinforce internal controls.
- Entering/reviewing invoices for weekly AP protocol.
- General Ledger maintenance & journal entry preparation.
- Performance of bank reconciliations across a portfolio of accounts.
- Providing supervision on the application of technical accounting issues.
- Collaboration with external accountants and preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Perform Corporate and Real Property Portfolio Budgeting and YTD Performance.
- Perform Financial Analysis / Credit Analysis.
- Maintenance of bank relationships across real estate portfolio.
- Oversite of tax and insurance accounts for a portfolio of properties.
What You will Need to Qualify:
- Sage Timberline CRE Experience a must
- 7+ Years in a leadership accounting roll for a Real Estate firm.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related. CPA a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, Outlook and Word etc.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job