This is a hands-on executive position that assists the Chief Financial Officer in leading the accounting and financial affairs of our organization. This opportunity requires an in-depth knowledge of the commercial real estate industry and real estate funds, excellent leadership skills, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The individual is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting function and resource requirements for a growing real estate company.
- Provides active leadership and strategic oversight of the accounting department.
- Effectively communicates departmental initiatives and motivates the accounting team.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments.
- Responsible for driving the development of the accounting team.
- Actively assists with the planning for and formation of a wide range of real estate investment vehicles, including private real estate investment trusts (REITS), partnerships, and various tax advantageous structures for foreign and domestic investors.
- Oversees the technical accounting functions.
- Directs the accounting and tax compliance for a portfolio of real estate funds and co-investment entities on behalf of third-party investors.
- Challenges business and accounting processes for efficiency and effectiveness by driving innovation and increasing automation
- Oversees the preparation, integrity, analysis, interpretation, and delivery of business financial reporting for an institutional real estate portfolio that includes complex organizational structures.
- Prepares projections and financial plans.
- Assists with establishing and reviewing financial metrics.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, with at least 10 of those years in a senior accounting position managing finance and accounting functions.
- Extensive experience with a wide range of real estate investment vehicles, including private real estate investment trusts (REITS), partnerships, and various tax advantageous structures for foreign and domestic investors.
- Extensive experience with GAAP fair value financial reporting for real estate investments.
- Extensive experience working with Audit Committees, Internal Audit functions, and External Auditors.
- Experience navigating through complex accounting situations.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Advanced analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional business acumen and strategic knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changes in direction.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- 10+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm with a focus on real estate fund clients is preferred.
- Understanding of tax regulations and compliance.
- Experience performing complete technical research for complex accounting topics.
- Knowledge of internal control environments over accounting and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and reporting requirements for privately held companies.
- Knowledge of SOC 1 Type 2 certification.
- Knowledge of the Registered Investment Advisor process.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Accounting / Control
- Hospitality / Entertainment
More than 15 years