Davlyn Investments, a privately held and highly entrepreneurial California real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition, management, renovation and disposition of multifamily properties, is seeking to fill the position of Acquisitions Analyst. Below is a description of the position and required skills.
Specific job duties include assisting with all the activities associated with our acquisition activity:
- Underwrite potential acquisition targets;
- Conduct market research functions as necessary to support proposed underwriting (e.g. rent surveys, comparable sales, identify major employers, etc.);
- Assist with timely completion of the due diligence effort;
- Review all material resulting from the due diligence investigation;
- Analyze Seller’s books and records to ensure that the actual income and expense figures correspond to starting points in proposed underwriting;
- Work with property management to ensure that their review of Seller’s books and records corresponds with the review completed by the acquisition team;
- Work with property management to ensure that the final operating budget ties to project underwriting;
- Generate the investment package on each acquisition that is subsequently provided to relevant parties as needed to secure debt and equity;
- Work with property management and our construction professional to generate a renovation plan, and ensure that the project underwriting reflects said plan; and
- Provide support to the President of Davlyn, as necessary in interfacing with the firm’s debt and equity partners.
- B.A. required, MBA or advanced degree highly desirable;
- 2 to 3 years of related real estate experience;
- Highly organized team-player mentality, coupled with a very strong work ethic;
- Exceptional analytical, oral, written and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Excel, Word;
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities.
The position will be based out of San Diego.
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job