NexMetro is an innovative multifamily community developer that is revolutionizing how consumers think about rental housing. Marketed under the name “Avilla Homes”, Avilla neighborhoods combine the convenience and flexibility of on-site managed Class A apartment communities with the benefits of luxury residential single-family living. The result is a new residential hybrid housing option in prime suburban locations that are highly differentiated from more traditional multifamily rental options. Founded in 2012 to build and deliver the Avilla Homes concept across the US, NexMetro is expanding with current offices in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, and Tampa.
The Asset Manager drives performance and oversees NexMetro’s assets in partnership with internal and third-party property management partners. A firm understanding of multifamily property management, entrepreneurial mindset, and strong financial acumen is key to success in this role. As the team leader of rental operations for a significant development pipeline in DFW, the position provides a unique opportunity to influence our evolving multifamily product and brand, and join an entrepreneurial, collegial and dynamic company culture.
- Work closely with property management and development teams to reach or exceed goals as outlined in the business plan
- Develop recommendations to maximize outcomes for each property and create long-term value for residents and investors
- Modify business plans based on operating results, market dynamics, and/or changing investor objectives in conjunction with the team
- Oversee the lease-up teams for portfolio properties
- Conduct monthly financial reviews of each asset with property management and internal partners, communicating forecasted performance versus actual
- Oversee preparation of reporting, including monthly cash flow projections for each asset
- Regularly review property performance relative to budget, proforma, market, and portfolio, while identifying opportunities
- Monitor cash flows, distributions and working capital accounts
- Analyze and monitor debt obligations, covenants, terms, and maturity dates
- Provide market feedback and recommendations to internal teams and prepare any ad-hoc investor, partner, or executive management requests
- Conduct regular site visits of each asset in the portfolio ensuring adherence to Avilla Brand standards
- Bachelor's degree in a real estate, finance, accounting, economics, or related field
- 5-10 years applicable experience required including a minimum of 2 years in asset management
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external/third-party partners
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, and demonstrated knowledge of property accounting concepts
- Strong financial acumen and ability to articulate financial implications of decisions
- Strong financial modeling skills and proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Multifamily lease-up experience preferred
- Yardi experience/proficiency preferred
- CPM or current pursuit of CPM preferred
This Statement of Policy is Posted In Accordance with Regulations of the Small Business Administration:
This Organization Practices Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.
This policy complies with regulations of the United States Government. Please report violations of this policy to :
Small Business Administration
Washington, D.C. 20416
- Asset Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.