Position Title: Land Development Director
Position Location: Akron/Cleveland/Columbus, OH
Salary Range: $105,000-$130,000
We are seeking a qualified Director of Land Development to plan, manage and grow our Land Development Client Service Group. Projects may include land planning, project approval processes and utility analysis for residential and commercial development projects. This position will assist principals and the leadership team in building and elevating the Environmental Design Group brand for land development services, developing and implementing the group’s business plan, and developing and driving employee programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each employee to their full potential.
As a Director at Environmental Design Group you will:
• Ensure that assigned projects are completed within budget and schedule while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
• Establish and oversee implementation of technical protocols.
• Oversee technical and business operations of Service Group.
• Lead associate training and professional development opportunities.
• Develop program and annual budget for regional capital expenditures.
• Ensure technical production complies with applicable laws and standards.
• Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure the quality of projects.
• Hire, develop and lead all Associates within Service Group.
• Manage service group’s financials; develop and grow top-line revenue and financial targets; develop and manage financial model for staffing and resources.
• Guide the development and implementation of the group’s business plans; translate overall business strategies to functional area strategies and tactics; successfully convey organizational mission, vision, values, and strategies company- wide.
• Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Author and implement business development strategies, including client relationship development, client pursuits, new introductions, and revenue procurement for the Group.
- Build and Elevate the Environmental Design Group brand for your Service Group and across all Service Groups in the organization.
- Attend networking events, trade shows and technical conferences for business development purposes.
- Strong knowledge of the approval process for various types of Land Development and assist clients at public and regulatory presentations.
- Strong sense of site layout for both small and large sites is required.
- Responsible for guiding the direction of the Land Development group through evaluation of market trends and economic forecasts.
- Education: Licensed surveyor, PE is preferred. Land Planner accredited.
- Experience: 10-15 years
- Supervisory Experience: 7+ years
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Attendance at evening client meetings and governmental commission meetings are required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
This position will manage technical and professional staff members. Management activities include interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, performance management, resource allocation and resource forecasting.
- Architecture / Design
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.